This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subforce
    • Nov 2006

how do you get sound out your amp via HDMI with the NR5000e OKNYO\integra amp

Hi guys I have the NR5000E amp and I am unable to produce sound via HDMI from my DV-SP1000E DVD-SACD player.Can you help or give any advise perhaps. :T
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

The DV-SP1000E DVD-SACD has its HDMI connector clustered on the back panel under "Video" connections. Since the DV-SP1000E DVD-SACD was introduced about a year before the NR5000E receiver, its HDMI implementation may not include sound. In fact, HDMI was advertised as a high performance "video" feature for this unit.

The IEEE 1394 (iLink, aka "firewire") connection may be your best bet for digital sound. Of course, an optical, or digital coax, connection would get you there, too.

You might find more specific guidance in the owner's manual, and given their intermittent track record with upgrades, if the more up-to-date audio-via-HDMI feature is not in the specs now, but the supporting software or hardware could be modified by them to allow it, Onkyo/Integra may offer an upgrade at some point. (But don't hold your breath waiting for them to notify you of it, even if you ask them about it directly.)

Good luck,

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• subforce
      • Nov 2006

wow thank you i will try finding out if they do have a upgrade for the 1000e and i will let you know if they do.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"