X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxwell 7
    • Sep 2005

Center channel problem

I recently purchased the B&K AVR507S2 and I'm having problems with the center channel. I play DVDA and SACD's 90% of the time using 5 speakers but on some, the main voice out of the center channel sounds far away, like in a cave. I take the level up just on center channel and the voice is in a bigger cave. James Taylor is a good example. Most of the artists sound great from the center channel although I believe that some of my CD's are weak using different player/center channel only of course. I've checked and triple checked all my connections, and of course my DVD settings, with no improvement. My center channel used to have a nice zip to it on my Pioneer Elite'. I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. The 507 otherwise sounds terrific.
    Help!

Maxwell7

c
    Last edited by maxwell 7; 24 October 2005, 19:53 Monday. Reason: Added info
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Sounds like it's on a wrong DSP setting. Have you tried flipping through the different settings?

Is your DVD set to "Bitstrem" not PCM?

Make sure you are using Center front not center back (If that recvr. is 6.1)
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"