X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael
    • Mar 2005

speaker for ref50s2 and 200.7 s2

i just ordered the reference 50 s2 and 200.7. i was on the fence between rotel and b&k and got a great deal on b&k, so i jumped off the fence.

this leaves me short of speakers. i intend on a 5.1 set-up with the emphasis on stereo listening.

if you have this b&K set-up and are happy with your speakers let me know what is working for you...

thank you
    michael
    Last edited by michael; 05 April 2005, 20:08 Tuesday.
  • RenoReno2
    • Jan 2005

Alot of people go with Paradigm's Studio or reference line. I have the 125.7 and ref 50 s2 and using the Monitor line. Sound is really nice

Comment

• Russ359
      • Feb 2005

I have a REF 31 and the B&K 5 channel, 200 watt/channel amp (about three years old). I have matching Sonus Faber speakers all around. Sound is awesome.

Comment

• michael
        • Mar 2005

paradigm and sonus faber are two brands that i have not auditioned. (yet)

i am going to audition the nht t6's next week. it seems like an incredible system and value...my ears will decide.

thanks, m

Comment

• Hoopofficial
          • Dec 2004

I have B&K Ref 50 S1 with 200.7 S2. I use Monitor Audio Gold Series through out except for Sub (SVS PC Ultra). I find this setup quite pleasing. This setup provides allot of detail but if you listen to allot of early analog recordings that were converted to CD it may come off a bit bright. Early analog recordings converted to CD all sound bright but this setup definetly brings out the brightness more than others. Full digital recordings sound superb.

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

All the above speakers are good choices.
            I will give you a few more that Feel work well with B&k

Polk Audio Lsi series
            Dynaudio Audience series
            Vienna Accoustics

Dan

Comment

• senorjim
              • Nov 2004

I have the vienna accoustics and they sound awesome with my AVR507... The only thing I am missing is a good subwoofer.

Comment

• ColoKurt
                • Mar 2005

I have the Ref.50S1 (the clicks don't bother me all that much) and B&K 7250 amp. I just bought a lightly used pair of B&W 802Ns and I think they sound great with the B&K electronics.

Comment

• senorjim
                  • Nov 2004

Talking about the clicks ColoKurt.... I called B&K and they tell me there is a fix on them. The reason I know, is because I have the AVR507S1 that does the same. I will have to send it in to get it fixed. The clicks are not too bad, but still if there is a fix I rather just do it. Just my $.02

Comment

• ColoKurt
                    • Mar 2005

Thanks for the info senorjim. Speaking of $, how much are they charging for the fix?

Comment

• senorjim
                      • Nov 2004

If you bought it from an authorized dealer and the original owner it is free. As for shipping, you will need to talk to them see if they cover it. If you are not the original owner B&K told me it would be roughly $50 (an hour fix) not including parts. What they tell me it is a circuit that needs to be soder (hardware issue not software).

The bad thing is that it is a 15-20 days till they actually work on it, so you could be almost a month without a reciever.... Hope that helps.

Comment

• senorjim
                        • Nov 2004

ColoKurt... I got new information for you. Just wanted to let you know that I called it in today to send it in and they tell me that a new update 2.03 just came out last week. The B&K technical person tells me that the new version is supposed to help out with the click noise but not eliminate it completely (different from what they told me last week, as to soder the circuit)... The only time you are supposed to hear the click is when you power the unit, standby on, or change from digital signal (CD from SACD). The click is only supposed to come out from the unit and not the speakers.... If so, something is wrong with the unit (according to them).

Let me know what you decide on doing with the unit.

Comment

• RenoReno2
                          • Jan 2005

So what speakers did you end up going with Michael?

Comment

• ColoKurt
                            • Mar 2005

That's good new senorjim. I've also been reading the B&K forum below. There's a little more B&K action there. They claim that there's an S1 to S2 upgrade that will be available late this summer. I don't want to send my unit in twice so I think I'll hold on to it until I get the details on the upgrade.

Comment

• senorjim
                              • Nov 2004

ColorKurt, good idea... If the upgrade is just around the corner I would wait, but I send in my 507 to get the 2.03 upgrade this week. I will let you know how it turns out.

The B&K rep told me the upgrade could be around $500 from the S1 to the S2...

Comment

• annmike
                                • May 2005

thank you for all the great speaker referrals.
                                as of tomorrow i am ordering a pair of amphion argon 2's; with an origo center. my subwoofer (unofficially) is the vandersteen v2w. rears are undecided but of little concern because maybe 5% of total listening.

thank you,m

Comment

• jimmyp58
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Aug 2003

Another to consider, though not heard of very often, are some Acoustic Energy speakers ... their AElite Series. These are some dandies and very reasonably priced.

PM me for details.

Jim
                                  jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• RenoReno2
                                    • Jan 2005

nevermind
                                    Last edited by RenoReno2; 02 September 2005, 01:38 Friday.

Comment

• senorjim
                                      • Nov 2004

I've got my receiver back and it has the new 2.03 upgrade on my AVR507 S1. I dont notice any difference from the 2.02 upgrade, because the click is still there just not as loud as before when I would change from an analog signal to digital one.....

It took sometime to tweak it, but now that I have it set-up for some reason it sounds better (possibly because I didnt have a receiver for awhile). The sound is amazing, as for the click it doesnt matter because the click is only when I change from CD/DVD to SACD/DVD-A in my Denon 2900 (Universal Player).

I hope this information helps... Peace

Senorjim

Comment

• kobi001
                                        • Sep 2005

Speakers for B&K

Give Vienna Acoustics a serious listen. Connected to my AVR507 I use a pair of Mozarts for the mains, a pair of Haydns for surrounds and a Maestro center. A REL Q201 rounds out the bass though it does little more that add just a smidge of energy to fill out the bass. The speakers are a great match for B&K, they are never fatiguing. You might have to go out of your way to find a VA dealer but the search is well worth it.

Oh yes, VA cabinets have a very high spousal acceptance factor too. You will not be disappointed!

Kobi

Comment

• annmike
                                          • May 2005

thanks kobi. i have already done the deed.

my final system is a pair of amphion creon 2's with an amphion origo center. the sub is mj acoustics ref 200. and rears are a pair of bose double cubes, mostly due to space constraints.
                                          i am incredibly happy with the setup. amazing resolution, imaging and accuracy.

now if b&k could only have a final and permanent fix for audio and video dropouts, i would be in nirvana.

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"