X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cuda65
    • Feb 2005

B & K Reference 4430

I am looking at a used Reference 4430. Can anyone tell me if this is a good amp? And what would be a good price for this amp? Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by cuda65; 26 February 2005, 11:32 Saturday. Reason: Mistake
    Doug
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Yes it's a very good amp.
    I forget what it costs new. I remeber 1500.00 or so I think. Used prices vary greatly on condition and age. What are you looking at one for?

Comment

• cuda65
      • Feb 2005

It looks to be in good condition. It sounds good. They are asking $750. I will be using it with my Denon 3300 for now. I am getting Paradigm Studio 100's, CC570, ADP 470's. I am quite the newbie.
      Doug

Comment

• Patt
        • Feb 2005

Hi Cuda,

I went looking around a bit and found the #4430 was made in 98' and put's out 200x3 watts. May have sold new for 1700.00 and now used for 800.00 (this info may or may not be accurate)

Once I had a chance to pick up some older B-K mono-blocks one time for a really decent price, they would have been interesting to play around with. ;b>
        ......Pat

Comment

• cuda65
          • Feb 2005

Pat:

Thanks for the information. I think I may have missed out on this one. "You snooze you lose" as they say.
          Doug

Comment

• Patt
            • Feb 2005

That happens :Z

Our local dealer sells B&K and Krell so that is all I have to see in person.

I have made a couple small purchases at Audiogon with good luck. Seems you get so much more for the $ buying used but the shipping is more costly with the weight of amps.
            ......Pat

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"