X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Onkyo DVSP1000B

Question....has anyone heard this unit? I talked to a gent I know very well and is an audiophile of sorts and he raves about this unit. I haven't been able to find one locally that I can listen to but he claims it sounds and has been rated better than the new Denon DVD-3910.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jimmyp58
    Question....has anyone heard this unit? I talked to a gent I know very well and is an audiophile of sorts and he raves about this unit. I haven't been able to find one locally that I can listen to but he claims it sounds and has been rated better than the new Denon DVD-3910.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
    Hey Jim, look for the thread re: the Integra 10.5 Universal Player. These two units are built on the same platform, and this thread discusses both. FWIW, I have the Onkyo DV-SP1000 and absolutely love it.
    Brad

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Thanks Brad. I'll look it up.

Jim

Comment

• jfinneru
        • Nov 2003

I have tested it against 3910. the sp1000 is a wonderful dvdplayer who also plays music very well. my conclution was that it was simular to the 3910 in picture quality and a little better in the audio compartment. only two things I didn't like. first the price( in norway a 3910 costs 9998,- and a sp1000 costs 34998,-) second issue is the lipsync problem. some movies showed as much as 150ms, and that's alot.
        brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum

Comment

• jimmyp58
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Thanks for sharing. Your findings are consistent to what many others have found.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"