X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krobar
    • Dec 2004

The Sorry state of IR in the UK

Hi everyone.

Im new to these forums but not AV or Integra discussion and like a fair few people rather interested in the new RDC-7.1.

The trouble is I live in the UK and distribution and retail of IR here is a mess. Its seems Jamo used to distribute Onkyo/IR here but it was then transferred to another distributor. The outcome seems to be no availability, I tried six dealers from the official list and none any longer stock IR with most confirming what I already new that "Distribution was a mess." No reply from UK distributor either.

I spoke to the German headquarters back in June about the new IR products and they confirmed they would be available in Europe and a likely release date was November (Not too far off). Since IR seems sorted in Germany, does anyone know of any decent English speaking German dealers?

Is mail order of IR allowed in Europe? Can 240V models be obtained by US dealers? (I could collect )
  • emerson
    • Sep 2004

I would guess that an US version wouldnt be a good idea,
    often the european versions support both NTSC and PAL, where the US version might not,, that's at least the case with DVD player DVsp1000e,,

In europe,, I can actually recommend (that's not often...) the new swedish distributor for Onkyo/Integra ( it was jamo here also before...)....I've had contact with them a couple of times,, gr8 support and very quick to answer.......,,

worth a shot..
    info@canseda.se

Comment

• Krobar
      • Dec 2004

Thanks Emerson,

I dont want any of the video modules and so Pal/Ntsc wont be a problem. The only issue is voltage, I need 240V. Still no response from the UK distributor so I have contacted Canseda.

Comment

• emerson
        • Sep 2004

Good luck, I know that they've been very helpful to me,
        and,, also know that Im happy with my RDC7, DV-Sp1000e,,,,,though maybe
        not so happy with the "speed" or "info" from Onkyo themselves regarding updates..

Still,,,would not want to have other products instead,,,so,, "good stuff"!!

Comment

• Krobar
          • Dec 2004

They replied yesterday to me, they dont know when the RDC-7.1 will hit Europe but at leat they are helpful. Ive sent a reply for them to contact me when they have news, I'd rather deal with someone helpful in Sweden than Onkyo UK.

I plan to mate the new Integra with a Halo A51 Power Amp, do you think it will make a nice combo?

Rob

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Krobar
            I plan to mate the new Integra with a Halo A51 Power Amp, do you think it will make a nice combo?
            VERY nice combo.

The Integra Research RDC 7.1 should be near the top of the pre/pro heap with refined audio performance, operating convenience and expandability, besting many other more-expensive rivals. Needless to say, there's been a lot of talk about the RDC-7.1 in Club Integra and there will undoubtedly be a lot more once it is actually available.

The Halo A51 power amp is also a fine piece of equipment. Parasound is a solid brand, the Halo series has gotten rave reviews, and the A51 in particular has a lot of satisfied owners. It has plenty of power in five channels combined with audio refinement that should make a system driven by it a real treat to listen to. I would expect that it will make a great companion to the RDC-7.1.

I've read that the Halo A51 does run a bit hot externally (not a defect -- its heat sinks are effectively protecting the circuits inside by drawing heat away from them) so it needs plenty of room around it for ventilation. For further discussion of the Halo A51, check out this thread http://www.htguide.com/forum/archive/index.php4/t-6945

Let us know how it all sounds when you finally get all the pieces in place!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Razvan
              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
              there's been a lot of talk about the RDC-7.1 in Club Integra and there will undoubtedly be a lot more once it is actually available.
              The RDC-7.1 is now available in the US.

R

Comment

• Krobar
                • Dec 2004

Thanks for the encouragement Burke,

I should probably state my current setup and what I need to chenge. I currently have a Pioneer AX10I (VSX-49TXI in US) and although the sound quality is fine I find the amp section lacking. I like music loud and have a 3000 cu ft room to fill, the Pioneer melted a tweeter on my current setup and sounds stressed at higher volumes. Combine that with a half functional RS232 unit and a lack of configurability and it forms my reason to change.

I would hope the Integra + Halo combo would fix my problems and offer better sound for my jitter prone sources like Jukebox and Laserdisc. Also the upgradeability (If they prove trustworthy with the RDC-7) and PLII game mode would be a bonus.

Comment

• emerson
                  • Sep 2004

Glad to hear that the guys at canseda responded quickly,
                  the Halo A51 looked nice,, if possible, and if they've done it correctly, I'd run with
                  the XLR option... Right now running my RDC7 with a mix of amps', krell - Front, and sherbourn for the surround an center.
                  Due this summer, Im moving to a new house,, then I'll swap all amps to;
                  2 x Vincent SP993 and 1 x Vincent SP991

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"