X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

Integra DPS-10.5 Universal Disc Player

Hello Folks.

Anyone own this player, or had any experiences with this unit?

I'm considering this player for DVD-Audio, DVD-Video and SACD.
    Tony
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

Anyone....Anyone...Anyone.....Bueller? :B
    Tony

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Gee, sorry to be so late to respond, but it was only yesterday that I became aware of both the Integra and the Onkyo 1000. Take this with a grain of salt, as this is the internet afterall, but what I heard was glowing. It was being mentioned in the same breath as Krell and there was a pretty strong indication it was as strong, if not better, than any Denon, save the 5900.

They also felt that few significant differences existed between the Onkyo and Integra, the most significant from my vantage point was the difference in warranties, if I recall 1 year for the Onkyo and 3 for the Integra.

Now, here's the kicker, and why I personally am thinking about the Onkyo. People reported legitimate deals for it in the $1400 to $1500 range.

Now, I really want it even though I still like my Denon 1600. I'd definitely audition first, but from what I've been reading, it would put me into a different league.
      Keith

Comment

• b&Wman
        • Nov 2004

I have an Onkyo SP 1000 and couldn't be any happier. I auditioned both a Denon 2900 and a Denon 3910. Both had major quality control issues. They struggled reading many CDs. How annoying Denon. First things first. The Onkyo reads CDs! When it reads them, it reads them extremely well. Highly detailed natural and neutral sounding. It's reported to be better in audio then the Denon 5900, and I can attest it blows away the 2900 and 3910. Video, especially when using the HDMI output and upsampler is outstanding. No macroblocking, which is a major problem with the Denons. Also, the Onkyo is built like a tank with supurb build quality and a dedicated torroidal power supply, unlike the Denons. Finally, I didn't buy the hype with SACD while using the Denons. The Onkyo makes SACD shine. I'm not sure about the $1400-$1500 range, but they can definitely be had for $1700 from an authorized online dealer with no tax and no shipping.

Comment

• ibluetooth
          • Nov 2004

What's the difference?

Originally posted by b&Wman
          I have an Onkyo SP 1000 and couldn't be any happier. I auditioned both a Denon 2900 and a Denon 3910.

Does anyone know what the major difference is between the Onkyo SP 1000 and the Integra DPS 10.5? I'm assuming there has to be one for the $1000 delta between the two.

I apologize if it is blatently obvious for most people but I am definitely a newbie to the high end side of Home A/V.

Comment

• Steve Goff
            • Feb 2002

The retail price difference in the US is $500. The Integra deinterlaces and scales more external video sources.
            Steve Goff

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

It also likely has a longer warranty, as Integra receivers have a three year warranty vs two years on Onkyos.

Comment

• NMyTree
                • May 2004

Originally posted by b&Wman
                I'm not sure about the $1400-$1500 range, but they can definitely be had for $1700 from an authorized online dealer with no tax and no shipping.

Are you talking about the Integra DPS 10.5 here, or the Onkyo SP 1000?

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I'm leaning towards the Integra DPS 10.5, at this time.
                Tony

Comment

• Danbry39
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Sep 2002

The price refers to the Onkyo. On a thread I read, there was an online dealer (apparently authorized) which had a sale for something like $1448. They sold out immediately. Now, they sell them for $1698 or something and people are still scurrying to get one before they again sell out.

People who own them are absolutely raving about them.

If you get one, let us know how it is, would you? I'd like to hear DVD, redbook, and high rez. :W
                  Keith

Comment

• NMyTree
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Danbry39
                    If you get one, let us know how it is, would you? I'd like to hear DVD, redbook, and high rez. :W
                    I certainly will.

Right now I'm still just leaning towards it, but I am going to take my time in deciding. I'm going to wait it out for a little while.

Eventually I will need two of these type of players (DVD-A/SACD), one for my main system in the Living Room, and one for my home office

I'm also waiting to see what Ayre is doing with their upcoming DVD-Audio/ SACD player. I want audition that one too.....when it is available.

It may just happen...that when the dust settles, I'll end up with the Integra DPS 10.5 or Onkyo SP 1000 for my office, and the Ayre for my main system. Of course this would be over a period of time and a lot of saving :B
                    Tony

Comment

• egcarter
                      • Nov 2004

I have a DPS-10.5 that I got in recently for one of my demo rooms. Wow. Built like the proverbial brick *house, it's a beauty. Hooked it up via a 10m Ultralink HDMI Pro cable to my new SIM2 Domino 30H and it's stunning. Haven't listened to any music as yet...the DTR-10.5 receiver that will be paired with it just shipped yesterday.

Eric

Comment

• Blindamood
                        • Sep 2003

When you do listen to music, you'll be amazed. I've had the Onkyo DV-SP1000 (its twin brother) for a couple of weeks now, and the audio is superb.
                        Brad

Comment

• fuzzy32
                          • Dec 2004

Hi Guys. New member here. Wonderful site and club. As a happy owner of the Onkyo 989Ver2, I have been waiting for the DV-SP1000 for a while. I want your opinion. I have been given the oppourtunity to get a Denon 3910 for a fantastic price from my local A/V shop (under $1500 CAN incl tax). Do you think I should get it or hold out for the Onkyo DV-SP1000? My main concern is getting the best picture quality. I'll have it hooked to my HDTV through component cables.

BTW, anyone know the price of the Onkyo in Canada?

:T
                          So it begins.......

Comment

• emerson
                            • Sep 2004

Maaan....You people..(on the other side of the atlantic...)...got HDTV's...
                            We don't...!!!,

Even so,, I've had my share of DVD players,, last one was the DV-939,,,
                            What I can say,,,,the DV-SP1000E,, is by far the BEST I've ever seen.,
                            I agree with much of the reviews I've read,, there's never been any better DVD built then this...,,,,,I can only use it with standard /progressive output,,, which still is totaly amazing...films I've seen are worth watching again,, it IS a big difference....

And,,If I had a HDTV or anything capable of using HDMI ,,, I guess I'd be even more happy....,,,

Comment

• creggers
                              • Jan 2005

does anyone have a handle on a good street price for the Onkyo DV SP1000 and Integra 10.5 ?

Comment

• Blindamood
                                • Sep 2003

The street price on the Onkyo SP1000 is usually in the $1699 range. (I was able to get one for a bit less than that in a 'special' sale by Vanns, but this has since been discontinued.)

BTW, I've been using continuously for about 2 months now, and am quite happy with it. I'm using an HDMI-->DVI cable to feed the DVI input on my rptv. Using the HDMI output, I upscale to 1080i, which provides an amazing picture (slightly better than with component). As I mentioned earlier, the audio side of this unit has brought a whole new dimension to my ht.
                                Brad

Comment

• bcgator
                                  • Nov 2004

Blindamood, are you having any of the lipsync issues that are plaguing so many Onkyo 1000 owners? There's a good thread over on avsforums about it.

I called Onkyo customer service because I wanted to buy one and they are aware of the lipsync issue. I asked the rep, "off the record", if I should still feel comfortable buying one and he told me flat out that I should not purchase this unit until a fix has been found. He couldn't say how long that might take, but he told me to wait before buying.

While I don't have any idea what percentage of users are having this problem, I assume it is statistically significant enough that Onkyo customer support is disseminating information on it.

BCGator

Comment

• Minge
                                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by bcgator
                                    Blindamood, are you having any of the lipsync issues that are plaguing so many Onkyo 1000 owners? There's a good thread over on avsforums about it.

I called Onkyo customer service because I wanted to buy one and they are aware of the lipsync issue. I asked the rep, "off the record", if I should still feel comfortable buying one and he told me flat out that I should not purchase this unit until a fix has been found. He couldn't say how long that might take, but he told me to wait before buying.

While I don't have any idea what percentage of users are having this problem, I assume it is statistically significant enough that Onkyo customer support is disseminating information on it.

BCGator
                                    So much for off the record!

Comment

• Blindamood
                                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by bcgator
                                      Yes, I've followed that thread for quite a while, and posted a couple of times on my results. In fact, that is how I first found out about this unit. Fortunately, I'm one of the lucky ones who answer the poll "No lip sync issues." I have really had no problems with this unit, and am impressed more and more each time I use it. I hope that Onkyo does come out with a fix in the near future for those that are having problems, though.
                                      Brad

Comment

• jimmyp58
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Aug 2003

Good reviews guys. I posted a question about the Onkyo unit not knowing about this thread.

Jim
                                        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Stockinv
                                          • Jan 2005

Integra 10.5

Originally posted by creggers
                                          does anyone have a handle on a good street price for the Onkyo DV SP1000 and Integra 10.5 ?

Does anyone know the current msrp for the 10.5?

Comment

• Blindamood
                                            • Sep 2003

I believe it's around $2500 US.
                                            Brad

Comment

• jimmyp58
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Aug 2003

I carry the Onkyo unit. Please e-mail me for pricing if interested.

Jim

Comment

• Blindamood
                                                • Sep 2003

Excellent review!

Here is a link to a review in the December 2004 issue of Home Cinema Choice. They reviewed the Onkyo DV-SP1000E, which is the European version of the Onkyo DV-SP1000/Integra 10.5.

Home Cinema Choice

(Thanks to 'Q of BanditZ' on the AVS Forum for finding this link.)
                                                Brad

Comment

• jimmyp58
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Aug 2003

Thanks for sharing....great review!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"