X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rags
    • Aug 2003

Advice / Help required - C2 keeps switching itself off

Has anyone come across this problem. My C2 keeps switching itself off after a couple mintues of listening. I cant turn it back on again via the remote or the front panel and have to resort to switching the power off from the back and restarting. It was working fine before I went on holiday.

Thanks
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

Whoa, sounds like it's time to call their tech dept.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
      • Sep 2003

no idea. I just wish I had one! id almost feel lucky to have your problem!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
      GameTracker -My List-
      Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• cameronl
        • Jul 2004

this is happening to me as well

hi there, after 10 hours of use mine is doing exactly this - i guess it means by c2 is stuffed....

CaM

Comment

• Rags
          • Aug 2003

Basically its a design fault in the C2 controller. Something to do with rectifiying the power supply harness - I know of two other people who have had the same problem as me. You need to return it to Parasound for repair - however if yours is so new you should potentially insist on a brand new replacement.

Comment

• nicholtl
            • Aug 2003

Sorry this had to happen to you, Cameroni. I know it doesn't make you feel better, but even the most solid of companies occassionally turn out a lemon. Just look at Apple computers, which I incidentally swear by. A most solid product indeed, but their most recent line of iBooks had lemons up the wazoo. Denon's pre-September 2002 DVD player, the DVD-3800, had lemons out the yin-yang. All of Duncan Hines' Angel Food Cake mixes are lemons! So don't let this put a bad taste in your mouth...just yet.

Do what the good man Rags says, ask your dealer or Parasound for a full replacement (if it's brand new, or hell, just ask for one anyway).

Comment

• Rags
              • Aug 2003

To reassure you - mine is working without problem now. Also I have found Parasound to have good cutomer support. Whilst mine was in repair they called several times to keep me upto date (the UK service agent CSE that is).

Basically it is a "known" problem of which they have had several cases. The permanent solution is to remount the harness to another location which sounds relatively straight forward (I think ).

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Strange that this problem has happened to more than one person. You're right, Parasound is great about customer service in fixing problems. Definitely puts one's mind at ease, along with the 10 year warranty!
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• cameronl
                  • Jul 2004

dam, i was hoping i wouldn't have to return it

oh well....

thanks for the advice everyone.

CaM

Comment

• cameronl
                    • Jul 2004

well i swapped my ex-demo model for a new one so it's all fine now

CaM

Comment

• Rags
                      • Aug 2003

There you go - which other company would be willing to do that ?

Comment

• nicholtl
                        • Aug 2003

Cool! Only now you have to set up all the calibrations again lol.

Comment

• cameronl
                          • Jul 2004

Hmmm!

yes, I wish i had saved those calibrations now

Still, my second C2 is now experiencing the odd audio dropout when playing through my DV88+p......about 2 a moive it seems.

Grrr!

CaM

Originally posted by nicholtl
                          Cool! Only now you have to set up all the calibrations again lol.

Comment

• nicholtl
                            • Aug 2003

Hmm, since both your old C2 and this one are doing it when playing passages on DVD...and since your DVD player has changed from the 2900 to a DV88 (what is that btw?), maybe the glitch has to do with something linking the two?

Comment

• Rags
                              • Aug 2003

I have run various Arcam players with the C2 - DV88P, DV89 & DV79 - no audio dropouts whatsoever.

Comment

• cameronl
                                • Jul 2004

this all points to...

yeah, my dv88+p has never had audio dropouts on my other amps. I'm hoping it is something simple like a loose coxial cable.

thanks

CaM

Originally posted by Rags
                                I have run various Arcam players with the C2 - DV88P, DV89 & DV79 - no audio dropouts whatsoever.

Comment

• Jon SS
                                  • Oct 2002

Damn, this just happened to me and my C2 is just over 1 year. When it switches off there is a clicking sound and the logo/light flashes as the unit seems to be trying to switch itself on.

The first time I sent it back was because the sound kept switching off!

I hate being without my C2

Comment

• nicholtl
                                    • Aug 2003

Gosh, I feel bad for you guys. I wonder why this is happening? But still, we gotta remember that even among the best of companies, a manufacturing defect is bound to happen sooner or later.

If you hate being away from the C2 that much, you can come over and stay with me. I got room on the couch.

Comment

• Rags
                                      • Aug 2003

It's more of a design fault than a manufacturing defect.

Comment

• cameronl
                                        • Jul 2004

hi there all, i swapped my coixal cable for another one and after 3 movies i haven't heard any audio dropouts so it was hopefully my cable/connection.

So in the end it probably worked out ok as I got to swap my faulty ex-dem model for a brand new one

CaM

Comment

• Jon SS
                                          • Oct 2002

Just to update everybody, apparently the repair guys could not replicate the problem after 2 weeks of use. I guess it may have been a one off, hopefully it won't happen again. Should be getting it back this week.

Comment

• _PM
                                            • Nov 2004

Damn I think I've got the same problem over here. I've just send an email to the dutch distributor...

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"