X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • randyman
    • Jan 2004

New Parasound at CES?

Anyone hear anything about new models coming out at CES? Maybe some dac upgrades for the c1/c2?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hang tight, Randy! We MAY get some new info as early as tomorrow when CES opens. (or not... we'll see!)

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Found one mention of parasound:
      http://www.audioholics.com/ces/ces2004/CES_2004_day1b.html

But no new annoucements from Parasound

Comment

• randyman
        • Jan 2004

Thanks for the post. I'm curious to see what they have to offer at CES. Even if they just throw out a bone about future stuff is fine with me. I know the Halo lineup is fairly new really, so I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking.

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

I hoped for news about the new dvd player, but seems they are still keeping that.

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

The only pics of Parasound on the CES I could find:

Nothing new, actually more or less the same as last year. Btw, also some pics of the 2002 show are here which shows the D1 player

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

For those who need the direct link to the pics from CES back in 2002, look here:

There are both front and rear pics of the "D1" and "D2". VERY pretty... quite a lot of neato connections on the rear of that D1. I can't believe they designed the D1 originally to be the same size as the C1! Too bad these were scrapped. But... it gives us an indication of what we may find if Parasound does indeed pursue a DVD player!

Darn... it looks like Parasound has no official announcements or debuts at CES 2004. I got my hopes up.

CHRIS
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Rags
                • Aug 2003

Spoke to Parasound today. Had a longish discussion with one of their chaps on a number of questions I had.

He mentioned that they are targetting the end of Feb / early March to get DPIIx out for the C1 and C2. It will be available as a software upgrade.

He however didnt know of any impending hardware upgrades - maybe he was being tightlipped about it.....

Comment

• smalone
                  • Aug 2003

Cool, DPIIx in a month or so... very nice.... wonder if any other features will be added in??!?!?!?!?

So has anyone actually heard the DPIIx processing and is it a big step up from DPII? :LOL:

Comment

• goldear
                    • Aug 2003

After visiting Audioholics coverage of Parasound at CES, the guys have the retail price of the C2 listed at $4500. While this could be a typo, their earlier FAQ report on the C2 quoted the correct price ($4000). He did say he met with Richard...so I wonder if there is a price increase in the works. It's just speculation, but Richard always did think the C2 was under-priced compared to competing products...or it could be an indication of some new features coming down the line.

Chris B
                    Chris B

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

heheheeee... and the rumors and speculation continue.

CHRIS
                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"