X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mutley
    • May 2003

A52 Vs RMB1095

I'm looking foa a multichanel power amp. (5 chanels)

I was looking for these 2 units, as here in Portugal they cost the same.

The Rotel has much more power, though it's not relevant in many cases.

Haven't seen any reviews of the A52 anywere (here included).

Does anyone demoed the A52?
    Is there any link for a review of the amp?

How does it compare with the 1095?

It's for use with movies 90% of the time...

My system:
    Pioneer 757 DVD player
    Pioneer VSX-2011 Receiver (being replaced with Rotel 1068 processor, if it has audio delay)
    B&W 602 S3, LCR600
    Sonance RS1
    Rel Q150
    Rotel RCD 1072

Thanks

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true!
    Gus

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true!
  • msbesq
    • Dec 2003

I am a new A52 owner. I have not heard the Rotel but I am very happy with the A52. I use my Yamaha Rx-V3200 as a pre/pro. The amp is very smooth and has plenty of power. It also has a very high WAF, which was an important consideration in my case.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Hiya, Mutley! I definitely need to get backk to Portugal. I've enjoyed my times in visited Lisbon, and now that there's a Hard Rock Cafe there I need to go back again. Well, that, and I LOVE a glass of true Port.

Back to business... I've had very good experiences with the A52's that I've seen and heard. If you go to Parasound's website, they have a web page full of Halo reviews:

There's only one review for the A52 specifically, HiFi News in the UK a few months ago in August of 2003. But the A52 is a PERFECT MATCH to the two-channel A23 in every way, so you can pretty much take any opinion or experience with the A23 and apply it to the A52 as well. Specifically, here's two online reviews of the A23 that may help you out:

The latest gadget and technology news, reviews, buyer’s guides and features. Covering smartphones, laptops, audio, gaming, fitness and more

I haven't heard a RMB 1095 personally, so I can't make any educated comments based on experience. But everyone knows I'm biased towards the Halo equipment over others in most circumstances.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"