X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhb4321
    • Dec 2003

Parasound ACV2500 vs Lexicon MC-1

Hi all,
    Just found this forum, and it's a gold mine! My old Denon processor gave up the ghost, so I need to move up. Can buy dealer demos of the ACV2500 or MC-1 for about the same $'s. Which would you suggest (or maybe suck it up and go for the Halo C2????). Thanks for your thoughts, as I need to get my system back up asap.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Well, it may not surprise you that I would recommend that if you can stretch the budget and buy the Halo units that you do. HOWEVER, Parasound products have consistently been held in very high regards, and are the kind of products that are considered to maintain very solid performance over time. That being said, if you save some $$$ with the 2500, I think you'll still be very happy.

Do a search for dealers on the Parasound website. I know firsthand of a couple in the DFW area that will work with you to get you a fantastic product for a great price.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Both units you mention (both the older Parasound and the lexicon) are no longer in production. Though they are both fine units they are somewhat aging.

What lacking in the lexicon is a 5.1 multichannel analogue input. This removes the possibility of using multichannel music like SACD or DVD-Audio.

Don't know about the AVC2500 if it has this input.

If I where you I would take a look at ebay or audiogon and see if any of these types are sold there and see what the going price is. This will guard you from overpaying.

Comment

• Rags
        • Aug 2003

I know this is a Parasound Forum but if you cant stretch to the Halo gear then go for the MC1 - put simply it is a superb home cinema processor and frankly the 2500 isnt even in the same ballpark. As a bonus Lexicon's Logic 7 is excellent.

Comment

• goose
          • Nov 2003

I work part time for a custom installer. If you need someone to work with you on the Halo stuff, shoot me an email. justdigits@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"