X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericst
    • Jan 2010

Can't get DTS on C1

I just purchased a C1, and everything works fine except it does not pick up the DTS signal from my DVD player. I am playing a DTS movie set to DTS. The DVD player says it is outputing DTS 5.1. I have a 5.1 setup. There is just no sound. When I switch the DVD back to DD it works fine. The input just reads digital PCM either way, not DTS like I know it should. I am using a digital coax cable. I suspect I have old firmware (wonder if that has anything to do with it.)

Thanks for the help,

Eric
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Eric, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:

Have you assigned the digital audio inputs? Each A/V source on the C1/C2 needs to have its corresponding audio input assigned, to tell it where to look for the sound. Next, inputs can be instructed to look and play a specific audio source, (i.e. PCM or DD), or told just to aiuto-play whatever sound format it receives. I wonder if the previous owner may have set it up a certain way, and then just left it for you.

If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend downloading the Halo setup program, to customize your C1 setup. I consider this to be a mandatory item for full use of the C1/C2. If you're going to do it, you can also do your own firmware update, if you so choose. (If you don't have the DPXIIx update, you ABSOLUTELY need it)
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"