X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig Simon
    • Jul 2005

Does A21 Invert Signal?

I have Infinity RS1Bs. I am using a Halo A21 for the woofers. The Infinity crossover needs to be set for inverting or non-inverting amplifiers. Does the A21 invert the signal? I can't see anything in the specifications that indicate such.

Thanks.

Craig
  • ribd1
    • Sep 2006

Hello there, if you are using an active crossover on the woofer but not on the upper you may have phase issues betwwen the two. Also, if you are using balanced for the bottom end and sigle ended for the top...or vice versa you'll have some phase issues. You could always set your croosover phase to normal and reverse your speaker cables on either the amp or speaker itself.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

No, not normally. However, if you are using balanced cables where the positive and negative are swapped, this will happen.

Comment

• Q-Man
        • Mar 2004

If you have a sound level meter and frequency test tones you can mearure the speaker level out put at your crossover point. Play test tones just below, at, and just above your crossover point. Now reverse your speaker wire and measure the level at the crossover point again.
        One way or the other should be 1 to 3 db louder at the crossover frequency. You want the louder setting.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"