X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeiter
    • Mar 2008

Parasound tech support.

I contacted Parasound tech support for a tech question :" Model 275 has an input gain of 28 db, and has gain level adjustments in the back, so what is the range of the adjustments ? " I get the answer from the tech department: " sorry, we don't have the specs of the item " .
    Last edited by zeiter; 01 June 2009, 14:32 Monday. Reason: Answer clarified later on.
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

It sounds like they did not understand your unexpected question.

AFAIK, the input gain pots adjust all the way (0-100%) giving you an adjustable gain ranging from 0...28.

Peter

Comment

• zeiter
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
      It sounds like they did not understand your unexpected question.

AFAIK, the input gain pots adjust all the way (0-100%) giving you an adjustable gain ranging from 0...28.

Peter
      Thanks Peter, I just got a call from Richard at Parasound, the designer, who gave me same answer. I thought you could increase or decrease gain, but , that is not the case, like you said, from 0 to 28 according to him. I edited my initial question, guess I was too quick at the beginning, but everything's fine now. Thanks again.
      Last edited by zeiter; 01 June 2009, 14:34 Monday. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Le Caribou
        • Jun 2009

Input Sensitivity
        800 mV for full rated output

800mv is when the level adjustments is at "+".
        when the level adjustments is at "-". you've got the minimum gain, minimum power, probably no sound in the outpout.

We don't understand your question.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by zeiter
          Thanks Peter, I just got a call from Richard at Parasound, the designer, who gave me same answer. I thought you could increase or decrease gain, but , that is not the case, like you said, from 0 to 28 according to him. I edited my initial question, guess I was too quick at the beginning, but everything's fine now. Thanks again.
          Right. The actual internal amplification gain cannot be adjusted. However, the input attenuators let you adjust the input signal from 0-100%, so in practice you have full control...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"