X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peter clarke
    • Oct 2006

JC-1 audition

I am soon to audition these amps, has anyone heard them with B&W 800D, would appreciate you thoughts
  • peter clarke
    • Oct 2006

JC-1's were trialled with B&W 800D's running lo frequencies in a passive "bi-amp" mode, tubes on mid/lo, parasound dealer sceptical re this experiment, first cd Mary Black 'Circus' and instant cohesion and dealer and I going 'WOW', the bass more extension and control and locked in with clearer vocals to die for, an experiment gone right, the system more energised continues to astound. JC-1's running full range in home theatre makes front wall of un- strained sound, this has been a good buy!!!!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Huh... you bi-amped a speaker, using JC-1's for part of the speaker, and tubes for the other?
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
        Huh... you bi-amped a speaker, using JC-1's for part of the speaker, and tubes for the other?
        That's common practice. Solid state for the power hungry low end. Warm sounding tubes for the efficient high end...

Peter

Comment

• REOFan
          • Jan 2006

I've owned my JC 1s since their introduction. I've never looked back. I'm not surprised they work well with B&Ws. I'm glad to hear you like them in both stereo and home theater application. Have fun!

Comment

• peter clarke
            • Oct 2006

JC-1 follow-up

These amps continue to surprise great extension on bass and sound pressure, takes all the 'heavy' work from the tubes on mid/hi. The B&W guide suggests the crossovers are designed for passive bi-amping and recommend experimentation with different gain-matched amps, this hobby[obsession] getting even more intruiging!!!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"