X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikepinkerton
    • Jun 2004

A51 is clicking!

My 4 year old A51 has started intermittently clicking on/off the right-most two blue indicator lights on the front panel. Usually this only happens while watching a movie, I haven't seen (or heard) it during normal TV watching. If I put the same movie into "stereo" mode on my pre/pro, it stops clicking, so it's something about the signal going to the 2 rear channels.

I found nothing in the manual to indicate what the lights going out meant (they come back on almost instantly, but then go out again later with a distinctly audible CLICK). They don't go red at all. Everything else appears normal.

What can I do? Bad cables? Bad internals? I bought this to last me years and years :-(
    -Mike
  • planitismetal
    • Dec 2008

Have you checked out all the connections? Or maybe a fuse?

Comment

• mikepinkerton
      • Jun 2004

All the connections seem solid. Would a bad or disconnected RCA cable cause the channel light to go out?

-Mike

Comment

• planitismetal
        • Dec 2008

Yesterday my pro had the same clicking and it was because of a disconnected RCA cable...But take a look at the fuse...

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mikepinkerton
          I bought this to last me years and years
          And it probably will. Be glad that the unit still has full warranty in effect! :T
          (Labor+parts: 5 years)

If you don't have the original box, ask Parasound to send one so that you can safely ship it to them for service.

Peter

Comment

• mikepinkerton
            • Jun 2004

Alas, no. I bought it 2nd hand from someone on audiogon so the warranty doesn't apply. I figured I was safer doing that with an amp.

-Mike

Comment

• Glen B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jul 2004

Swap the interconnecting cables between the two offending channels of the amp and another two and see if the clicking migrates. If it does, then you will know the problem is with the pre/pro or cables. If you bought the amp used from a consumer who registered the amp, you may get lucky and Parasound will honor the remaining period of the warranty. It may not hurt to ask and grovel a little bit. :B I think high end companies are looking to protect against grey market sales of ther products, not hurt legitimate end users.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"