X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkStega
    • Oct 2003

Silent A51 - Any suggestions?

Last evening, about 10 minutes into a movie, I was suddenly watching a silent film. My two week old A51 had all of the "channel" lights out, but the blue halo is still around the power button. The mode switch is in 'manual'. The power switch does nothing. I've tried doing a complete powerfail, but no difference in results. My supplier is calling the distributor and Parasound (when they open later today).

Any hints from someone here?

Mark Stega
    Mark Stega
  • MarkStega
    • Oct 2003

Solved - Switch wasn't in manual, it was bumped to "auto" (which doesn't work for me regardless of sensitivity setting, Parasound tech support said that the A51 is :icky: about the preamp. How this can be is beyond me, but for grins, I'll try this setting again when my C2 arrives).

Mark Stega
    Mark Stega

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Glad to hear that the unit is fine.

How did u change the switch? Little kids busy in your house?

Comment

• MarkStega
        • Oct 2003

Scarp,

I received an e-mail notification yesterday that you replied to this thread (33 days ago!).

The switch was bumped by me while I was in my umpteenth iteration of trying to cleanly route wires behind the rack. You know, given what is possible with digital interfaces, the rats nest behind most AV stacks is really silly, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath waiting for an industry wide solution.

I ended up not spending the time to experiment with the audio sense feature once I connected the C2 trigger "out" to the A51 trigger "in" and getting the switch in the right setting.

Mark Stega
        Mark Stega

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Cool. Others may have just gotten one or more E-mail notifications recently as well. (I got 93, myself) One of the site owners just reset this feature, so I think the site caught up on all its old E-mails it needed to send out. should work now!

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"