X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbaker
    • Mar 2005

New T.V.

My Panasonic DLP went kaput, (this is a good thing) and I just ordered a Toshiba 52" LCD. I will now have to reprogram my handy Parasound C2 remote control, it appears Parasound is no longer updating the software for these remotes. I tried to download the software for a MX700 from U.R.C. but that was a no go. The serial number on the remote did not register. Looks like I will be manually entering the T.V. commands. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

JDB
  • jdbaker
    • Mar 2005

I guess I will answer my own question, Parasound has not updated the remote software for 2 years. If you were to buy a C2 today that is what you would get. I see brand new C2's are for sale, $3995. Why would anyone buy one? I love my C2/A51 combo but the new Toshiba TV with HDMI makes the C2 seriously long in the tooth. Next upgrade in my sights is the Anthem D2. (Sorry Parasound) Just a small rant as I hook the serial cable to an old PC and the C2 remote and learn the new TV's remote commands. Great remote by the way.

JDB

Comment

• Ends
      • Apr 2005

There is a pretty good chance you will find what you are looking for here:

Reviews of the latest universal remote controls, a file area, programming help, message forums and more!

A more direct link to the MX-700 files:

Comment

• jnwarner
        • Feb 2005

I just saw your post and it reminded me that because my laptop got a virus and I had to completely reload it, and I didn't have the latest MX-700 software either.
        I snooped around at the Remote Central website and came across a post that mentioned that URC had "lifted" their restrictions on registering remotes that weren't purchased directly from them.
        I first tried with the serial number that was stamped on the sticker. Didn't work. Based on another post I read, I was finally able to get the software by using the "K" prefix (although it wasn't on the label), and then in the two boxes I repeated the serial number in BOTH boxes. Dumb, IMHO, but it worked.
        Don't know if I'll actually USE it, but at least I have it.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"