X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Anyone with a Zamp experience this...

Just picked a Zamp v3 for a secondary system. Overall I really like the amp, it does a great job considering it's size.

However, it does have one little issue. It does produce a soft buzz from the speakers. I am familiar with ground loop and this seems to be a little different and higher in tone - AC noise maybe? Tried all the ground loop fixes and even took it to another room where it, speakers and source were all that was in use.

Only one thing will completely eliminate the noise: when I connect an ipod to the inputs using an ipod to RCA Y cable. Using other sources it will vary slightly according to the source. Called Parasound and Audio Advisor and between the 2, all they came up was to try it in a completely different location.

This is only audilbel in quieter music passages, fairly close to the speakers. Don't think I'm too picky though as these amps are good candidates to be used in a near field listening situation and this is where it is noticable. Don't mistake this for the soft white noise many systems wllll emit up close to the speaker. This is more of a buzz.

Same sytem w/ a Rotel amp is dead quiet. Ant ideas before I send it back? ( And please don't say 'use the Rotel' ).
    Last edited by gianni; 03 April 2008, 02:18 Thursday.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

No, sorry, I have a couple of Zamp v.3's, and don't have any problems with them at all. They're connected to Klipsch speakers right now, which are very efficient and revealing, and would easily show if there were any background noise at all.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2006

I had that problem with a V2 which, eventually, failed. They repaired mine (after it died). Send yours.

Kal
      Kal Rubinson

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

Thank You gentlemen. It is on it's way.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"