X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vince Helm
    • Mar 2006

JC 2 reviewed in Stereophile!

Well the first review is in print and... well... I guess it was a good review. Honestly, Sam Tellig is not the guy you want reviewing your products. Yes, he only said good things but at the same time, said almost nothing. A review should allow the reader to experience the gear vicariously and truthfuly through the words of the reviewer and in that context... Sam sucks. I feel bad for Parasound in that they have toiled over the JC 2 for about 5 years and then Sam gets to do the review. Maybe a full and proper review is coming, maybe John Atkinson will do some measurements... maybe it is'nt that good of a preamp? Please, those who own it or have had the chance to demo it or those who sell it... please give us your thoughts and please do not tell me that it is quite... we all know that...

Thanks
    Vince
  • REOFan
    • Jan 2006

More Coming

Vince,

I've had my JC 2 for four months now. It replaced a Parasound P/LD 2000, which I used for ten years. The JC 2 offers astonishing clarity, image weight, bass definition, and detail--with a holographic soundstage (sorry, couldn't avoid the usual cliches). I am very pleased. Please know, however, that this is only the second preamp I've owned, so--regrettably-- I can't make any useful comparisons to other brands.

I did hear the JC 2 replace a Blowtorch in a system at a dealer's house. I wasn't left standing there yearning for reinstallation of the Blowtorch (whose performance, as reported by some, borders on myth). In fact, I was surprised at how similiar--or close--the two units performed. That experience led me to conclude that I wanted to purchase the JC 2 when it became available (a year later!). My exploration of other brands ceased.

Yesterday I was absorbed in the soundstage produced by the latest Led Zeppelin compilation ("Mothership"). The clarity (Bonham's drum mastery; Page's guitar work) captivated me, and I kept increasing the volume until it was past 11 o'clock on the dial (which is quite loud in my room). Sublime!

I expect you will see other reviews in the next few months, including a full-fledged review in Stereophile. I imagine that they will be positive. Sam liked his. He seems to definitely love the JC 1s. The combo--JC 1 / JC 2--is quite magical. I am happy to own them.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I'm so jealous.

Originally posted by REOFan
      The clarity (Bonham's drum mastery; Page's guitar work) captivated me, and I kept increasing the volume until it was past 11 o'clock on the dial (which is quite loud in my room).
      (best Spinal Tap British accent) Yeah... but this one goes to 11!
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Vince Helm
        • Mar 2006

Hey, check out the review in this months positive feedback on the JC2.

Comment

• mattburk
          • Feb 2003

Here is the link.

parasound, halo, jc-2, preamplifier, positive feedback, audio

I heard something about a classic p7000 preamp. What is that?
          Is it the classic budget version of the jc-2?

I love the jc-2, but I would need ht pass through. I am leaning towards ps audio.
          www.mycstone.com
          www.coverednow.com
          www.biarenton.com

Comment

• HTLover
            • Oct 2007

They also awarded the JC 2 as product of the year. I'm very intrigued.... I'm also strapped for cash! :M

Scroll down a little more than half way down the page.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Hey, HTLover, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana: Wow, good find, man. I've never heard of that website before you all started posting it.

(sigh) Wish I could afford a JC-2 too. I found it interesting that the site says it's a good match for the T3 tuner, though. If you're really shooting for audiophile clarity, why in the world would you listen to the RADIO? After spending $$$$ on high-end equipment, you can bet I'm going to do critical listening with the best mastered media I can find, not thin recordings!
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"