X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmwuk
    • Mar 2004

Rotel 1068 review in Stereophile's Ultimate AV

Hello, been a long time reader of this forum since I have had my Rotel RMB-1075. I justed wanted to let you guys know that Stereophile's Ultimate AV (formerly Guide to Home Theater) reviewed the Rotel RSP-1068 in the July/August issue. The conclusion was surprise on the improvement over the 1066 and how natural it sounded since the 1066 was more "electronic sounding".

Anyway, plan on purchasing the RSP-1068 very soon so I'll be very happy with it and the 1075. :T
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I'm a little confused here. Is it going to be in the July/August issue? Is it available online?

Glad it got a good review though :T Happy listening when you get it

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• bmwuk
      • Mar 2004

It is in the July/August magazine (sorry for the confusion). I just received it in the mail two days ago. I guess I got mine early. They even said it was very similar in audio characteristics to the Primare SP31.7 which costs $3995.

Oh, and no it's not online just yet. I imagine it will be in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I'll have a look for it at the mall today on my lunch but I'm guessing it won't hit stands until mid next month...Oh well...

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• bmwuk
          • Mar 2004

BTW, it has the Marantz VP-12S3 projector on the front cover in case you were needing confirmation. Good luck.

Comment

• resperc
            • May 2004

I got my July/August issue of UltimateAV today. The review is very positive. The only real negatives I remember are about the remote. Looks like Rotel continues to produce great products at reasonable prices. I am hoping to order mine next week.

Comment

• bmwuk
              • Mar 2004

They did mention that it was improved over the older remote used with the 1066. I think the only beef they had with the remote this time was the fact that the audio modes or other important function was under the flip portion of the remote.

I too plan on having the 1068 very soon, just not soon enough. I'm thinking July or August for me once I get a new job.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"