Uninterested Local Parasound AD In My Area.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bullitt731
    • Aug 2005

Uninterested Local Parasound AD In My Area.

I have been using Rotel gear for the last couple years and have decided to jump ship. The entire line seems to be going digital in terms of amps and after owning one of their 7 channel digital amps I found it while quite powerfull to sound a little sterile. I stopped by a local very high end AD that carries Parasound to inquire about the Classic and Halo lines and they were really not at all interested in selling any to me. They claimed the retail prices were being significantly discounted on the web and that they could not make any money on it. This seemed odd to me because it sells in a matter of hours on Audiogon and I have never found it to be discounted much on the web. Since the local AD doesn't really seem interested in my businees can someone suggest or PM me with any good competitive ADs I could contact?

Thanking you in advance. Ed
  • dcrna
    • Oct 2007

Try these guys.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Oh, no!!!! Very, very sorry to hear that. Now... does that mean that they didn't stock any Parasound stuff? Or that they were ending their time as a Parasound dealer? Because there should be no reason for any dealer to refuse to sell any of his products.

I do know what you're talking about when a business acts like they don't want your business, though. Sucks.

Yes, you can buy Parasound gear used online. But yes, there is only ONE official online dealer for NEW Parasound gear. Read about it directly from Parasound's website here: http://www.parasound.com/dealers/#more_info
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• bullitt731
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
        Oh, no!!!! Very, very sorry to hear that. Now... does that mean that they didn't stock any Parasound stuff? Or that they were ending their time as a Parasound dealer? Because there should be no reason for any dealer to refuse to sell any of his products.

I do know what you're talking about when a business acts like they don't want your business, though. Sucks.

Yes, you can buy Parasound gear used online. But yes, there is only ONE official online dealer for NEW Parasound gear. Read about it directly from Parasound's website here: http://www.parasound.com/dealers/#more_info
        In their words we can get it but we don't stock it and we also don't recommend it. They suggested I buy Arcam instead which is good equipment to. I just don't see how you can tie up a line as good as Parasound and not have even one unit to display. I am going to let my AD know this and maybe he can get the line as well. Heck maybe I will start carrying it. :lol:

Comment

• Pookie007
          • Apr 2006

I haven't checked recently, but Media Design Center can get Parasound. I think they are a little better priced than audio advisor. I got my theater seating from Media Design Center and they run a first class operation. I think they also sponsor this site.

I am also looking for an A23 for my second system. They are hard to find on Audiogon.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I just need to state for those who don't already know, Media Design is no longer an authorized Parasound dealer. On an unrelated note, Media Design is also no longer a forum sponsor.

No details needed, just passing on the facts.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• colinjohnson
              • Sep 2007

I think you will be disappointed if you buy Arcam amplification. I have owned some of their amps and have now got a Parasound A51... There is no comparison.

But, I will say this.. All the other Arcam products are FANTASTIC. I have the CD36 and DV139 and just love them. The build quality is second to none. And I have just purchased ( yet to be delivered ) a used AV8. I still have a AVR300 which I only use as a pre-pro.. hence the AV8 purchase.

Arcam have just increased their warranty on new DIVA gear to 3 years and the FMJ carries a 5 year ticket..and the warranty is transferrable ( unlike Parasound ). Now that's confidence in your product.

Comment

• bhuskins
                • Aug 2003

Chris is correct and both of these were my choices...thanks.

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

oh really, that's interesting. Brent, you can no longer sign your business in your signature as a non-advertiser, that's a violation that's netted you a 30 day vacation from the forum. Enjoy your time off.
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"