X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ends
    • Apr 2005

What is the current MXEditor ver?

Well I got some newer equipment, and now I need to update my remote . I haven't needed to get into it since the software stopped updating last year. I was wondering if Parasound's version is current (dated 8/27/06) and if it is updating the database again? And has anybody tried to download the newer remote control software from Univ Remote's website? It requires registration which shouldn't be a problem, but I wondering if it is any different (updated) then what Parasound has on their site (minus the on/off buttons)?

Need assistance with your URC automation system or control device? Please contact URC Tech Support and they'll be happy to answer your questions.

URC (Universal Remote Control) offers luxury home automation & commercial automation systems. Experience premium control & automation for your home or business.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, Ends, and welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana: Yes, that's the most current version there. There was a big flap about a year ago or so when Universal Remote suddenly stopped updating their editor programs, and about that time, I got the new control software. Haven't really tried it, though, I just use the legacy MXEditor program. You can't get the URC's software unless you register, and officially, they completely wash their hands of ANY products that they've made for Parasound or other OEM
    manufacturers. They refused to do anything for the Parasound MXEditor programming after URC locked it out, saying that all support would have to go to Parasound itself.

You can use any MX-700 programming software, as long as you're willing to play with the power buttons.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

For comparison's sake with everybody else, if I click the "Help" tab and then "about" on MXEditor, it says 1.12.267. It hasn't had an update available since this time last year.
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Ends
        • Apr 2005

I have looked at the 1.12.267 database and it didn't have the equipment I needed. I tried to register my Parasound MX-700 but it doesn't have a valid serial number (located in battery compartment). Luckily, my friend has two MX-850's and has only registered one of them - so he gave me the serial number of the 2nd one which allowed me to download the new MXEditor. The database on that is 1.12.282 and it had the equipment I needed. I just got done reprogramming it and it works just fine even though the picture in the software was of the Aeros (& the prev mentioned on/off buttons).

Any idea if Parasound is still packaging the MX-700 with the Halo's? If so why hasn't Parasound changed to other manufacturer or come to some agreement with URC?

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I'll ask at CEDIA!
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"