• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Parasound (HCA Series) vs ATI vs Parasound Halo

Hello Everyone,

Wondering if anyone can comment on any of the matches in the title. My main speakers are B&W 805's matched with a Velodyne SPL-R 800. I've powered my B&Ws with a 2-channel HCA-1500 amp (200 watts) before, and was happy with that match. Then I moved to an HCA-1205A 5-channel amp. However, I bought a new audio rack and it does not clear it at all. So I'm looking for a new smaller amp.

I've been very happy with the HCA series. I've read lots of user reviews that ATI amps seem to have much better mids. Most of the reviews I read on the ATI amps seem to be prior Parasound owner. Can anyone comment on any experience with ATI?

Lastly, if the ATI is better, what about the Halo? I've never had the change to listen to a Halo cause all my local dealers don't have them for audition, but I've been reading from everyone how incredible these Halo's are. I don't have space for any of the 200 watt versions. I would only be optioning the A23 (125 x 2). Any comments on the A23 with B&W 805's? Thanks everyone in advance.
    Last edited by audioqueso; 28 May 2007, 22:06 Monday.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

I can only comment on the Halo T3 tuner I have, and if their amps are any thing like it, they are truely music makers.
    It sounds nowheres near any other tuner I have listened to.

Comment

• d"cure"
      • Jun 2006

i have the halo a-23 and played with the 805´s you can not believe what this amp can do and mached with the b&w´s,lots of power with detail and lucidity go for!

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

What kind of setup do you have d'cure? Equipment, listening preference, room layout? I would appreciate your feedback. My setup consists of a Marantz AVR used as a pre-amp. All my sources are using the Marantz processor to do the decoding. I live in Miami so my room is very cold. Ceramic tiles, two walls are mostly glass doors. That's probably why I liked the sound of Parasound. That slight forwardness makes it sound really nice in my room.

Comment

• vlasis
          • May 2007

A 23 parasound

Originally posted by d"cure"
          i have the halo a-23 and played with the 805´s you can not believe what this amp can do and mached with the b&w´s,lots of power with detail and lucidity go for!
          Γεια σου αγαπητε πατριωτη!!!!!!!! I want to ask you something.I am interest about A23 cause i want to biamp my center Nautilus HTM1 speaker.What do you think, is it good amp (a23) for my center .I have never test this amp in the past.. :T :T :T :T

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

A big welcome to Club Parasound and the Guide for our Greek friends! :banana:
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• vlasis
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Chris D
              A big welcome to Club Parasound and the Guide for our Greek friends! :banana:
              A big thanks for your welcome chrisD and also biggest thanks for this important ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( and usefull site

Comment

• d"cure"
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by audioqueso
                What kind of setup do you have d'cure? Equipment, listening preference, room layout? I would appreciate your feedback. My setup consists of a Marantz AVR used as a pre-amp. All my sources are using the Marantz processor to do the decoding. I live in Miami so my room is very cold. Ceramic tiles, two walls are mostly glass doors. That's probably why I liked the sound of Parasound. That slight forwardness makes it sound really nice in my room.
                hi to everyone my friend audioqueso please explain the glass doors!! the walls are like glasses? and this could be nice for you?do you have curtains or.....so my set up is pre advance acoustic mpp-505 full balanced played with halo a-23 balanced(recommented) and speakers when ever i like b&w 805s or mobile fidelity oml-2 when for my first time hooked up the halo i stucked there thanks to mr JCurl

Comment

• d"cure"
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by vlasis
                  Γεια σου αγαπητε πατριωτη!!!!!!!! I want to ask you something.I am interest about A23 cause i want to biamp my center Nautilus HTM1 speaker.What do you think, is it good amp (a23) for my center .I have never test this amp in the past.. :T :T :T :T
                  halo
                  is it wonderfull how small the world is and i´m glad to be with you all friends from the forum,well i think that the a-23 will shake and drive the htm1 with plently of details and soundstage i have listen the same speaker with the rotel rbm-1075 and doing fine jobe imagine halo two steps forward!
                  have a p.m

Comment

• audioqueso
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by d"cure"
                    hi to everyone my friend audioqueso please explain the glass doors!! the walls are like glasses? and this could be nice for you?do you have curtains or.....so my set up is pre advance acoustic mpp-505 full balanced played with halo a-23 balanced(recommented) and speakers when ever i like b&w 805s or mobile fidelity oml-2 when for my first time hooked up the halo i stucked there thanks to mr JCurl
                    d'cure, my living room is in the corner of my house. One wall has 4 tall sliding glass panels that take up all but 3' of wall real estate on that side. The corner meets another wall alike. So there is barely any wall, but tall glass sliding panels.

Comment

• bullet
                      • Sep 2006

is there anyone tried to compare the parasound hca1200 thx 200w
                      to rotel 1080?

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"