X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDBLU
    • Jul 2008

Bi Aming with my A23 Parasound with my Musical Fidelity M6i

Hello all and hoping Chris can help me on this one.

Can anyone tell me the disadvantage and advantage with Bi-amping my A23 with my Musical Fidelity M6i.

I would use the Parsound to run the High and the Musical Fidelity for the low end and the Musical fidelity would also be the Pre-amp also because it a integrated amp.

I know I have to try it and see how it sound to me but would I be damaging the sound by adding the A23 in the Mix would it be fully in phase and all.

My Speakers are Krix Neuphonix also.

The reason I ask I had the A23 on my Center channel but Am running it of my Onkyo 5008 receiver and sound about the same am I missing something or should I just leave it on my center channel and hope it does sound better at high volume.

Any help would be great. cheers
    2ch Setup
    Krix Neupohonix
    Musical Fidelity M6i
    Musical Fidelity M6CDP
    Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
    MIT

• Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

"The reason I ask I had the A23 on my Center channel but Am running it of my Onkyo 5008 receiver and sound about the same am I missing something or should I just leave it on my center channel and hope it does sound better at high volume."

I was going to ask "why" but, first, I will ask you to restate this so I can understand what you are saying.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

The advantage of bi-amping is to be able to dedicate one amp to the low end and one amp to the high end and by doing so also make sure that one amp only processes the lows and the other processes the mids/highs.

You need an active crossover to do it right...

Comment

• blownrx7
        • Dec 2004

I'm betting that the two amp sections do NOT have the same amount of gain.
        IF they did have the same gain, you could go straight into the speakers without any active crossover or attenuators - but that is probably not the case...

DIGRESSION:
        We could debate all day long about the advantages and disadvantages of active or passive biamping but the bottom line is that the amount of gain of each "section" has to be equal to maintain the levels that the mfr intended.
        You could intentionally amplify one section more than the other (and is probably what many end up doing to make themselves believe they have inproved something while really just changing it) but, you will be doctoring the sound.

BACK ON TOPIC:
        Bottom line, it does not sound like the configuratioin you suggest will get you what you want and I have a suspicion that the receiver is limiting you from fully exploiting the A23.
        hth

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"