• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T@xi
    • Apr 2007

DTS Problem with C2 ?

Hello,
    I'm new here and from Germany, so I hope you can excuse my english. ;x(

I'm an Halo C2 owner since 1 year and I have the new FW on it.

Yesterday I was watching LOTR in DTS 6.1 and I think it was played in Night Mode, but in DTS the Dynamik Button is not in use. As I switch on Dolby Digital I became the full Dynamik. So put in another DVD in my Player, Simply Red Live in Cuba. The same, DTS sounds like Dynamik Cut and Dolby Digital sounds with full Dynamik and it sounds opener.
    Is this problem known ? Or have I to reset my Controller ? I hope that somebody can help me. At the moment I watch only in DD :cry:
    Greets from your ole T@xi
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hi, Taxi, and welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:

If I understand, when you switch from Dolby Digital to DTS, the sound significantly changes, like the the dynamic range has been cut.

A few questions to diagnose the problem:

- Have you tried other sound modes, such as stereo, or Dolby Pro Logic, to see if it's only DTS?

- Are you sure your DVD player is actually outputting DTS? I wonder if it might be your player, where if you select DTS, the player is actually outputting PCM or something.

- How is your DVD player connected for audio?

- Have you changed anything lately before this problem happened? Changed the DTS setting in the C2 audio setup, just installed the latest firmware, etc?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• T@xi
      • Apr 2007

Hello,
      thank you for your quick posting. :T

I don't know what's happened with my C2 Controller, but as I disconnected the C2 from the power over night, the C2 is now working correct.
      I didn't change nothing.
      Hmmm, what could it be ? Now I'm happy to listen to the real DTS Sound. :lol:

By the way, did anyone know wich frequenzes are pulling down with the boundary gain and how much DB ?

Thank You

Comment

• Vince Helm
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by T@xi
        Hello,
        thank you for your quick posting. :T

I don't know what's happened with my C2 Controller, but as I disconnected the C2 from the power over night, the C2 is now working correct.
        I didn't change nothing.
        Hi T@xi,

The C2 has a microprocessor inside and sometimes it will need to be reset by turning off the power at the front panel, then a few seconds later the switch on the back panel. Wait a minute, turn on the back panel switch, wait 30 seconds and turn on the C2 from the front panel. This will usally do the trick.

Best of luck!!
        Vince

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by T@xi
          Hmmm, what could it be ?
          Power spike, bad power, etc. A power reconditioner should help to prevent things like this to happen.

Peter

Comment

• T@xi
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
            Power spike, bad power, etc. A power reconditioner should help to prevent things like this to happen.

Peter

Oh yeah, this is what I am thinking too for. But it was the first time in 1 year, hopely that it comes no more.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"