X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kent Turb0
    • Jun 2005

Parasound "not just the outside"

Deleted
    Last edited by Kent Turb0; 16 June 2018, 21:08 Saturday.
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

Personally, I have found that a Tubed Pre Amp with a sold state amp sounds real nice.

For some reason which I can't quite put my finger on, I have found that a solid state Pre Amp with a tubed Amp, does not sound all that good to me. I don't know why that is.

Recently, I came across some people who had the very same thougths on it. Odd, I know.

You may want to bring your tubed amp to a few dealers and audition some Pre Amps (solid state and tubed) so you can form your own opinions.

I wonder if anyone else here has the same opinion on this?
    Tony

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kent Turb0
      IAre the inside (circuits, capacitor and everything) of parasound made in U.S.A?
      The amplifiers are made in Taiwan (but designed in the US, by John Curl et al.)
      The preprocessors (C1 & C2) are made in Finland by Vinci Labs
      The upcoming DVD (D3) is made in China (I think I heard it was designed in Norway?!)

Peter

Comment

• J.H.
        • Nov 2005

The model 7100 was also made in Finland. Are you sure even the Halo amps were made in Taiwan? I never knew that. J.H.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by J.H.
          The model 7100 was also made in Finland. Are you sure even the Halo amps were made in Taiwan? I never knew that. J.H.
          The JC-1, A21 and A51 are for sure made in Taiwan. I've been peeling those golden color "Made in Taiwan" stickers off those amps... :B

Peter

Comment

• J.H.
            • Nov 2005

Thanks I just never heard that they were made in Taiwan. Let me ask you something else and this is just curiosity. Do you think its a Parasound factory or some company that makes lots of amps? If it isn't there plant how much money do you think it costs per unit for say a JC-1? Also how much quality control can a company have when there equipment is made in a factory all the way in Taiwan? I mean this isn't some toy or doll its a very expensive high quality amp. It would seem difficult to keep the quality so high in a Taiwan factory. J.H.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by J.H.
              Thanks I just never heard that they were made in Taiwan. Let me ask you something else and this is just curiosity. Do you think its a Parasound factory or some company that makes lots of amps? If it isn't there plant how much money do you think it costs per unit for say a JC-1? Also how much quality control can a company have when there equipment is made in a factory all the way in Taiwan? I mean this isn't some toy or doll its a very expensive high quality amp. It would seem difficult to keep the quality so high in a Taiwan factory. J.H.
              I'm sure it's a contractor of some sort. The same factory probably procuces other products too.

For all I know, Parasound unpacks and inspects every JC-1 to make sure it meets the specs.

All my nine (9) JC-1s were perfect, except for one that had a bent heatsink. Somebody must have hit it *really* hard in handling. (Parasound sent me a new heatsink free of charge).

Peter

Comment

• J.H.
                • Nov 2005

Ya know whats funny is I read some where a while ago that Parasound only had 13 employees and I guess that could be true if they don't actually have factories. I love Parasound stuff so I don't care if they have factories or not.I was just curious. J.H.

Comment

• Kent Turb0
                  • Jun 2005

Deleted
                  Last edited by Kent Turb0; 16 June 2018, 21:08 Saturday.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Sure do...
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

• r100gs
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by Kent Turb0
                      do you guys think the A23 and P3 would be a good combination for the jazz type of music?
                      I would step up to an A21 to give those 4ohm Tempo's some pizazz. Nice speakers by the way.
                      Jay

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"