• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Halos in a 19" EIA rack

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to get my Halos and some other equipment mounted in 19" racks and getting the most aesthetically pleasing result.

The big question is whether I should go with the custom trim panels (same color as the Halo rack mount hardware) that are available from Parasound, or if I should go with the standard Middle Atlantic brushed silver anodized ones.

I'm wondering if the cleanest look maybe is achieved by going with Middle Atlantics silver panels and using their silver trim strips to cover the rack screws. When this is used, I figure that only a very narrow strip of the original Halo rackmount is visible. Correct?

The way I see it, if I go with Parasound's custom panels, I cannot use the trim strips (since the finish doesn't match the custom panels) and I still end up with some mismatching:
    • The access panels of the SRSR racks that I tentatively plan to use come with either black or silver panels, which of course does not match the Parasound custom anodizing.
    • I also need to get custom rack mounts for my VCR and Cable Receiver, so these won't match either.

My gut react is that I will acheive a cleaner over-all look if going with standard Middle Atlantic silver anodized panels all the way, and with matching silver trim strips on the sides that cover a large part of what is visible of the Halo rack mount ears...

Comments? Suggestions?

Peter
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Peter, you can see the pictures of my rackmounted Halo stack in the Parasound pictures thread, with the Parasound vent panels. Personally, I like them, they're functional, and they're the way I would go. I don't mind seeing the rack bolts, and don't think they detract from the look. Your call, of course.

I wouldn't try putting two different silver or aluminum panels in the same rack. Instead, I would go with all black mounts and panels for everything else, and Parasound aluminum panels for the Halo stack part.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"