X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ykkim
    • Apr 2005

Qusetion on C1 Menu Display

I am new to this group and found many useful informations. Thank you all.
    I just bought Halo C1. Unfortunately I did not have time to set up the system but had chance to power up the C1. It was nice to have those halo illuminations around the buttons. One thing that I noticed was the menu display on TFT display was not clear. There was some color bleeding at the edge of the charactors even when I look into the display straight angle and becomes blurred with rainbow color when I move viewing angle upward.
    Does anyone having same problem?

Y.K.
  • Brian
    • May 2004

Y.K.,
    I've noticed the same thing. I believe it's just the type of lcd screen Parasound used. You can experiment with different background colors to see if it improves what you are seeing.

Comment

• ykkim
      • Apr 2005

Brian

Thanks! I can not wait to hear what it can deliver. I will try as soon as I get back home

Y.K.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Hi, YK, and welcome to Club Parasound and the Guide! :banana: My C1 doesn't have rainbows on the screen, but as an LCD display the contrast does vary as you change the viewing angle. I leave my scren brightness at full max so that if I stand up or move in the theater, I can still read it.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• ykkim
          • Apr 2005

Chris,

I just got back home and set up the C!. I tried maximum brighteness but the text still blurred with multiple colors. If I move viewing angle slightly upward text becomes almost disappear. I might have to return the unit for exchange.
          Thanks a lot.

Y.K.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

YK, does your dealer have another C1 on display that you can compare screens? (or another store in the area) That way you could confirm if your unit is actually bad or not. When I first got my C1, the screen didn't work at all, so I had to sent it back to Parasound. Turns out that there was just a loose wire inside.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• ykkim
              • Apr 2005

Thanks Chris

Now I am on the road again(out of country).
              I stayed couple of days at home did not have chance to find a dealer nearby.
              If I want to return I have to return by same day as I comming home as my dealer gave me a month to decide. It is hard to decide whether this is normal or not. I also noticed some noise on the screen especially when I set display background to violet. My concern is whether there is problem in othere area such as power supply which could also impact audio quality. That was why I wanted hear about the experiences from others in here.
              Thanks for your suggetion.

Comment

• Brian
                • May 2004

I snapped a couple pics of my C1's display to hopefully give you a reference.
                Pics are here:

Comment

• Chetk
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Brian
                  I snapped a couple pics of my C1's display to hopefully give you a reference.
                  Pics are here:
                  http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brian....bum?.dir=/6545
                  That's zactly what mine looks like.

Comment

• ykkim
                    • Apr 2005

Thanks

Thanks Guys.
                    I just returned from trip and I could not have decent internet access during my trip.
                    The pictures were great help for me. My display seems little bit worse but I noticed same problems from the pictures. It may be from limitation of display itself or display driver. Thanks again.

Y.K.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"