Is anyone else getting tired of waiting?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rags
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by phansson
    Rags,

I know that many on that list are receivers. I agree with you and don't consider those direct competitors. But in your original post you said that Parasound is not behind? Can you tell me why you feel that way?
    As I have tried to say a couple of time already (I am clearly not explaining myself very well) - if the vast majority of Parasounds competitors (and we now agree who they are) dont offer HDMI switching or room eq at present, you can hardly say that Parasound are falling behind. If a number of direct competitors do start to offer these features and Parasound dont then your point would be valid.

Comment

• phansson
      • Oct 2004

Peter,

I didn't know that D-ila had been out that long? I bet your picture is superb!

I wanted everything ran DVI so there wasn't an AD conversion. I only have two sources, Sony HD300 and Denon 5900. Both of them have DVI so it isn't really a problem. You should check out a newer projector ran via DVI if you haven't the picture really is sharp!

Comment

• phansson
        • Oct 2004

Rags,

I appreciate you talking really...really....slow...for...me....

In the electronics business if you are not ahead of your competitors you are behind. Come on you should know that.

Most of the upgrades that Parasound offered are on my Lexicon MC-1 which is 5 years old!(DPL IIx (Logic 7), Party mode to rears, lipsync correction) WOW what amazing technology. Me not having a C1/C2 makes me expect more from it to switch. I do not doubt that it would sonically sound better than the MC-1 but how much better? I was hoping for some New ideas.

I can't believe that I am the only one on this forum that is NOT impressed with the upgrade list. I guess if you have one and are waiting two years for an upgrade anything is good.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
          • Sep 2003

like I said earlier, I dont "need" any upgrades/updates.

5.1 is all I need, and it sounds unbelievable :T It just makes getting them all the sweeter when they do hit :P

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
          GameTracker -My List-
          Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

You should check out a newer projector ran via DVI if you haven't the picture really is sharp!
            Like I said, perfect sharpness is possible with expensive equipment like the G15 + Vigatec.

However, the advantage of the DVI is of course that everything is kept in the digital domain. This also makes setup a snap and you don't have to do all the adjustments that you may need with the analog connection...

Peter

Comment

• phansson
              • Oct 2004

Peter,

that is probably one of the bigger reasons I went with the DLP over an older used CRT PJ. I know that the CRT can still deliver a better picture but the ease of use is the biggest downfall. Not to mention that hanging it from my vaulted ceilings might bring down the room.

Comment

• Rags
                • Aug 2003

Rags,

I appreciate you talking really...really....slow...for...me....

In the electronics business if you are not ahead of your competitors you are behind. Come on you should know that.

Most of the upgrades that Parasound offered are on my Lexicon MC-1 which is 5 years old!(DPL IIx (Logic 7), Party mode to rears, lipsync correction) WOW what amazing technology. Me not having a C1/C2 makes me expect more from it to switch. I do not doubt that it would sonically sound better than the MC-1 but how much better? I was hoping for some New ideas.

I can't believe that I am the only one on this forum that is NOT impressed with the upgrade list. I guess if you have one and are waiting two years for an upgrade anything is good.

Your initial post on the "behind" subject started with -

I agree, It seems like the upgrade list is OK but not great.

No HDMI/DVI switching? No room correction?

Come on Parasound. You make a great product but are about a year behind everyone else on these items.

Then when I prove that Parasound is not really behind its competitors as hardly any have these features you then change tact and say -

In the electronics business if you are not ahead of your competitors you are behind. Come on you should know that..

Which is a circular argument and in the context of what is being discussed is meaningless. Based on your new comment and given no one has these features yet they are all behind each other !!!

If its any consolation I was also not very impressed with the upgrade list as it was software only. I guess only Parasound know what the future holds for current C1/C2 owners.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Rags
                  If its any consolation I was also not very impressed with the upgrade list as it was software only. I guess only Parasound know what the future holds for current C1/C2 owners.
                  Why not just buy a Meridian G68 and the new 7x1000W PS Audio and be done with it... :wink:

Peter

Comment

• nicholtl
                    • Aug 2003

Well until Brent tells us otherwise, solid state will always sound better than digital!

Comment

• Rags
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
                      Why not just buy a Meridian G68 and the new 7x1000W PS Audio and be done with it... :wink:

Peter
                      No - I like my Parasound !

Comment

• nicholtl
                        • Aug 2003

Yup. "Pride of Ownership," it's called.

Comment

• NMyTree
                          • May 2004

Personally, I have a feeling that this current "list of upgrades" is just a first step in both software and hardware upgrades.

I have a feeling Parasound has a lot more in the works, but it will take a little longer before it's all completed.

Seems to be, that Parasound is quite aware of the future of Audio/Video and how some of the new formats may effect the landscape (i.e. HD DVD, Blue Ray...and so on).

I have a feeling they're preparing for the long haul with their introduction of software and Hardware upgrades; as well as any new components that may be designed and introduced by them.

Just the feeling or impression I'm getting.

Certainly, I could be wrong. But I don't think I am.

We'll see.
                          Tony

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"