X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

anyone use b&w cdm snt's?

In my hopes to upgrade my system, life is going on and I might not have much money to upgrade when I move in march.

I was hoping to buy a pair of SCM1's for my surround duties to replace my 603's (s1). It looks like I may need to buy a love seat with some of that money instead so I am considering my options.

A local shop has a pair of cdmsnt's that are on display and I was wondering if anyone here has heard these and could comment on their performance? Also, I have a feeling this shop is going to try and gouge me for them. I don't know how long they have been on display, and I am sure, due to my past dealings with them, that they will not be honest with me about it. What would be the expected going rate for these speakers and are they worth it? I saw a pair on audiogon for around 800$. How much did they go for new? is this pretty consistent for what I should offer? I'd like to get them cheaper if possible.

I am still reluctant to give up a floor stander for a wall mount (even the scm1) but I have to compromise due to space concerns.

I know my mind changes regularly, and in all honesty I won't be making this purchase until after the first of the year, but I am trying to budget my money now. The big question will be whether I am able to keep my budget or not...
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

cdmsnt's

Came across this thread only now.
    I am using 4SNT's in a 7.1 system and I am extremely happy.
    They are pretty to look at, they sound very good(only a limited amount of info comes through anyhow, but even with SACD and DVD Audio it is excellent.
    Wonder if that helps.
    George

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"