• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmak
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2002

CDM SNT rears.......too much?

Hi Folks,

I spotted a matching pair of CDM SNTs online. I replaced my DS6 with the identical speakers back in May. I can rearrange my receiver to run the rear surrounds, but I'm concerned that it might be overkill.

I've attached some rudimentary camera phone pics of the potential placement. The couch back (read my head) is about 3 feet from the back wall. Are the 2 extra channels worth doing, from a acoustic standpoint?

Thanks,
    Ken

Attached Files
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

kmak,

I personally like discreet channels. Since there in not really any 7.1 discreet material available, I'm happy with my current 5.1.

However, if you have a decent sized room (my HT room is fairly small at 11X16) or have open areas to your listening area, then 7.1 is a good idea.
    Then good ocverage is provided. The fact that you can get two identical speakers as your existing rears is a really good find.

Hope this helps.

PS Welcome to the forum! :T

Comment

• kmak
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2002

As tempting as it is, I guess rears might be too much. if I had 2 more feet back there, it would make more sense. Plus my rack is already too full to accomodate another 2 channel amp. I still need a 5 channel........ My long term goal is to replace the fronts with N804 and their matching center, or if I wait long enough 804S/HTM3S, in natural cherry of course 8)

Here are my 11 year-old speakers (CDM 7SE, CDM CSE) with my Elite Kuro 141, I LOVE MY SET!!!! :T

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"