X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonych31
    • Sep 2004

601 S3 price in Aussie

Hi.

I am looking at purchasing the 601 S3 pretty soon. I just want to know if there are any forum members from the land of down under who bought this speaker recently and what is the best point price I am looking at.

Also if there any REL strata 3 owners here as well who could give me an insight of what sort price I am looking at .

Tony
  • jlee
    • Aug 2004

The Strata III's are $1500 US list, but you should be able to negotiate a discount with your dealer.

Comment

• hired goon
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tonych31
      I am looking at purchasing the 601 S3 pretty soon. I just want to know if there are any forum members from the land of down under who bought this speaker recently and what is the best point price I am looking at.
      AUD$900 is the recommended price for the 601 s3, but maybe you can talk the dealer down by 5-10%.

My opinion of these is that they would be most suitable for rear speakers, and if you want front speakers, then go for the 602 s3 (which is around AUD$1200).

-- Geoff

Comment

• kiki
        • Sep 2004

601S3 IS AROUND AUD$700 PAIR (-23%), 600s3 series are old model so you should be able to get much better deal than 5-10%, if that's what all they offer?? ask them to keep it for them self, you go ask someone else.

Comment

• tonych31
          • Sep 2004

Where did you purchase your 601S3 for $A700.

Comment

• kiki
            • Sep 2004

in melbourne, just ask around wherever you are and ask for 20-25% off, someone out there can do it for sure.

Comment

• G12345567
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by tonych31
              Hi.

Tony
              The B&W 601 S3 retails for AU$899
              The B&W 600 S3 retails for AU$699

I was going to buy the 600s3 but got a good deal on the 601s3 as the dealer only had the 601s3 in stock at that time. So was offered the 601s3 for AU$699 as well here in Sydney.

I am now using them happily as the rears in my 5.1 home theatre setup.
              along with the 602s3 as the fronts, the LC60 as the centre and a 3rd party sub.

Comment

• big_marcelo
                • Oct 2004

store name?

Hi Tony, as you could probably guess from the description of my system below - I'm due for an upgrade...

I'm planning ahead to buy
                2 x 601 S3s - fronts & rear (L & R)
                1 x 600 S3 LCR - centre
                1 x 600 S3 - rear surround

plus the remainder of my new home theathre gear... wanted to know which dealer in Sydney gave you those great prices on the B&W's?

Many thanks,

Marcelo

Comment

• G12345567
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by big_marcelo
                  Hi Tony, as you could probably guess from the description of my system below - I'm due for an upgrade...

I'm planning ahead to buy
                  2 x 601 S3s - fronts & rear (L & R)
                  1 x 600 S3 LCR - centre
                  1 x 600 S3 - rear surround

plus the remainder of my new home theathre gear... wanted to know which dealer in Sydney gave you those great prices on the B&W's?

Marcelo
                  Try both DME HIFI and HomeZone Digital world and see which one will give you the best deal. (my deal was at Homezone digital George St Sydney). The only thing is that you'll have to pay each shop a visit as you probably know most shops don't deal over the phone.

Also remember you'll also need to choose good quality speaker cable as well as a SUB woofer for future addition.

My setup is similar to your choice.
                  1 x 602 S3s - fronts (L & R)
                  1 x 600 S3 LCR - centre
                  1 x 601 S3 Rears
                  3rd party SUB

Comment

• big_marcelo
                    • Oct 2004

Thanks Tony,

I have finally upgraded my amp to Yamaha RX-V2500, Yamaha DVD 750, Topfield (200gb HDD) and Panasonic DVD Recorder DME55 .... so My current Moaurdaunt Short speakers don't sound too bad at all .... and even though I can't wait to get the B&W's... I may have to wait a bit longer and save some cash...

I ended up getting a great deal from In-Style Hi-Fi in Five Dock here in Sydney.... great service...great price.... but the DME guys were good also.

I wish I had the room for the 602's, but I'm stuck with a huge enterntinament unit that I designed, and the manufacturer were supposed to build movable shelf heights... but they didn't.... so the tallest speaker I can buy (and afford) is the 601.... miss the 602 by 5 cm ... and my wife won't let me 'hack' the shelves..... oh well....

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Marcelo

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"