X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twincam
    • Feb 2004

Amplifier for my 804s

Hi

Today I have my home-cinema setup (N804, HTM2, N805, ASW700, Rotel RSP1098+RMB1075, Sony DVD player)
    in the relatively small living room.
    I will soon move to a slightly bigger house, that mean that I can have a separate room for this purpose, altough that room will also be quite small (approx. 18 squaremeters).

The current plan is:

Buy 2 SCM1 speakers for the rear channels (will not have much space behind the sofa, so wallmounted speakers will be good), then use the N805s for the front channels.
    Then have the 2 N804s in the living room, just for listen to music.
    I then would have to buy an amplifier for the living room.

One idea would be Rotel RC-1090 / RB-1080, what do you think of that combination? I will then have a bit more power for the 804s than I have today, which for sure can't be bad..(although they sound great today connected to the 1098/1075). Or would you recommend something else? The new Classé Delta CP-500 & CA-2200 looks very nice, but it's almost 3 times more expensive...

And I will need a new CD-player as well.

All thoughts on this are most welcome,

thanks

TC
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Don't know what your costs are but I'd recommend a Bryston 4B SST amplifier. Very clean, clear, precise, and neutral. Canadian costs are extremely favorable but I don't know what the exchange rate/distributor does to you fellas in Switzerland (I know it is ridiculous for the gents in Australia).
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Twincam
      • Feb 2004

Thanks for your answer. Will do some research about Bryston and where I can find them.

From a swedish forum (I'm swedish but live in Switzerland) I got a recommendation of GamuT D-200 MKIII and Gryphon Callisto (both danish brands I think). My dealer that I bought my Rotel/B&W stuff from also recommends T+A PA 1530 R (german manufacturer)..

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"