X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shavy
    • Oct 2004

LCR6, 60 or 600

I have been shopping for new front speakers for some time & have been running into dead ends. I have had to move my theatre setup into a new room, into a corner, which does not give me any room for speaker placement away from the TV (Tube). While demoing speakers I made sure to place them in the showroom where they would be in my room & I would get video interference. A salemen suggeste I try the LCR 60 for Front & center setup as it is all shielded. Has anyone heard a setup like this? It would be coupled with an ASW 650 or 675.

Thanks.
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

yea...i've heard of using the same center channels as mains(L,C, & R). Haven't tried it myself so can't tell you how it sounds, but it supposedly good for someone who listen to alot of multi-channel music, like DVD-audio or SACD. The idea is that, you get a better blend with same frequency response by going identical fronts. For you, you need it for the magnetic shielding, so it more of a necessity for you. If you can't spread the L&R further from the TV, then it might be one of your best options. good luck. It'll be costly to use the LCR600x3, but I'd take that over the LCR60x3. Go and have a listen and see what you like.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Shavey,

Listen carefully - I think you'll find the LCR600 sounds way better than the 60 and IMO will make much better mains for not too much more money.

Also you will need to mount them all horizontally if yoy can - their dispersion patterns are made for it...

Geoff

Comment

• shavy
        • Oct 2004

Thanks-

Geoff, help me out, what do you mean "IMO".

I may be guessing on the sound, my B&W dealers have only 1 of either the LCR 60 or LCR 600 in the showroom, not 2 or 3 of the same.

Was there a difference between the LCR 6 S2 & LCR 600 S3? I have been able to notice a difference in the specs.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

IMO=In My Opinion. Sometimes you'll see IMHO which stands for "in my humble opinion". The S2 is basically the older version of the same series. S3 is the latest. I haven't heard the S2 myself, but if the specs shows different frequency response and different sensitivity rating, then you'll probably hear a difference. The latest version is usually the improved version, so it's definitly worth the increase in price, IMO. My front end setup currently is 601s as L&R and LCR600 for C. With my setup, I can hear the LCR600 overpowering the L&R, which makes the front stage more center-focused, but during movies it gives me louder dialogue, which is what I wanted. IMO, the LCR600 will blend in better with the 602s, 602.5, 603 and 604. Anything smaller the LCR60 will be better. If you can't audition 3 center channels at the same time, maybe you can ask the dealer to isolate the sound so you only hear the difference between the 2 center, that should give you a good idea of what it'll sound like with 3 together. Personally, I liked the LCR600 the best even though my fronts are 601s, but then again I knew I was gonna upgrade within a year anyways.
          As for mounting them horizontally, check out the "user manual" section of the website for the LCR60/0, I believe it actually has a diagram for using 3 identical center channels for fronts. I could be wrong, but it showed having the L&R mounted vertically and the center one horizontally. Just as long your tweeter is as close to being vertically aligned to your ear at listening position, you should be ok. Good luck.

Comment

• bitjunkie
            • Dec 2003

I currenlty use the LCR 600 s3 with a pair of DM 605s2 and I absoultly am in love with the sound I get from my center I have heard the 60 and it just doesnt produce as much
            Be who you are And true friendship and love, will be just that. True.

Comment

• weijst
              • Jun 2004

I totally agree. I used to have a LCR60 S3 paired with the DM602 S3. The LCR60 S3 sure was the weaker link. I'd opt for at least a LCR600...

The LCR60 S3 may be suitable for the DM600 S3 / DM601 S3...

Good luck
              Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• Spookyslow
                • Oct 2004

I've got a LCR600 as my center and it keeps up with my 604's--no problem. I can definitely recommend it, at least as pretty potent center channel.

Comment

• mike c
                  • Dec 2005

so the 602's (and the non LCR speakers) are NOT magnetically shielded? manual says to keep away from tube tv's. how far away?

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"