X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zpanky
    • Mar 2003

New speakers from B&W

Not the replacement to the Nautilus line, but some expensive speakers for custom installs.
    B&W Speakers at CEDIA
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

ouch! thats pretty expensive.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Sikoniko,

Yes - but think of the upgrade posibilities

Geoff

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

imagine the size room you'd need...

Comment

• DrBoom
          • Dec 2003

Not to mention the kind of wall thickness if those monsters are supposed to be built-in. 8O
          Looks like the subs are 15" drivers from the ASW-850, but I don't really recognise the other drivers.
          The FST has a different phase plug, and the woofers I don't recognise either.
          Looks like drivers from the 700 series, because one side of the basket is flat, like in all 700 series woofers.
          Then again, where did they get that woofer in those front speakers from ?
          Judging from the size of the things, they must be at least 7 or 8", but there are none of that size in the 700 series.
          So unless it's a 10" from the ASW700, it's a new driver and possibly the type we'll be seeing in the new Nautilus line.
          The center and surrounds look like 6" woofers, so those are almost surely from either the 700 series or they are new as well.

While I was typing this I found some more info
          B&W unveiled a new loudspeakers series intended to be integrated for custom install applications.

Turns out there are 10" woofers in the front speakers, and all speakers have active bass crossovers, so probably an active woofer section ?
          What creeps me out is that the center speaker which is a lot like the HTM1 suddenly reaches down to 25 Hz -3 dB :E
          Or are that 10" woofers as well ??
          That's a whole lot of woofage is you ask me, 2x 10" woofers in every speaker, including the surrounds and center, and 2x 15" monsters in the sub.
          All of a sudden, $50.000 seems pretty reasonable

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

The bullets in the FST's are taken from the signature speakers. I have read that you can order them from your dealer for around 80$US and it makes a good upgrade. I have been meaning to ask if anyone had tried it yet...

looking at this pic:

gives a good idea of scale.. this stuff is huge.

Comment

• greggz
              • Jun 2002

No comments yet on the "laser alignment device"?

And here I thought I was the only goof-ball that used a laser level to align my speakers. :crazy:
              Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• aarsoe
                • May 2004

Looking at the center speaker, I wonder if someone beside me is a bit confused. The industry spends billions of dollars to develop flat screens and then B&W creates a center speaker the size of pool table, that are supposed to be placed inside a cabinet - next to what??? A plasma display???
                This is truely a crazy world - but I still wonder how good it is..

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"