Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen both played at my house.."WOW" 804's are sweet!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen both played at my house.."WOW" 804's are sweet!!!!!!

I am just now getting my 804's broken in. I've had them for a week. I just played Bruce Springsteen live NYC (SACD) and Billy Joel Live at Yankee Stadium (DVD-2ch pcm). My god! My hair stood up on the back of my neck. I've seen both live several times and I swear, I got chills when I heard these recordings through the 804's. These speakers rock. I am very happy and content with the 804's.

I thought the 802's would be the bomb (they probably are) but these bad boys are mighty fine. I can have 5 of these for what the 802's cost and this is one heck of a value. ( Value on $3300 speaker pairs...yikes..it's true though)

Other equiptment

RMB-1095
    Rotel -1098
    Elite -59-dvi
    Dougs silver centari speaker cables
    Tara labs 5500 interconnects
    Monster 3700 Level 3 Power Conditioner

A dedicated 20 amp breaker that I just installed (so proud) and I am still hearing slight buzz through all tweaters when stystem is power off. Ugh
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

the 804's are great speakers. If you have only had them a week, they still arent broken in. give them another few months and they will really open up.

What other speakers do you have?
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Britchie
      • Nov 2003

I have
      Infinity IL-60's (I just moved them to Rears)
      Infinity IL-36 center ( I don't have the $2000 for HTM1....yet!)
      Def Tech BPIWUIV (Rears also) I'm going to try them as rear centers in a 7.1 set-up.

What about you?

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

are those def tech's the bipolar ones? I was thinkin of setting up a home theater for my father based on the pro cinema 100, but using the bi polar speakers as rears.
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• jimmyp58
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

They are in-wall speakers.
          jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Britchie
            • Nov 2003

They are inwall... bipole too. I have them mounted in the ceiling. They are very good speakers.

Comment

• jimmyp58
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Didn't know they were bipole. Thanks for the info...
              jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"