X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glimmer
    • Aug 2004

Speakers upgrade

Hi all,

currently, i havethe 6 series all round(603s for the front, LC6 for center and 601 at the rears), including the AS6 woofer.

Which is a better upgrade sonically:

1.) the N802, HTM1 for the fronts, keeping the AS6 and the 601s for surround

or

2.) the 7 series all round (703 for the fronts, HTM7, 705).

They cost about the same.

I would change the amp(to Krell 3250 or Pass X series) to drive the N802s if option 1 is taken. Again, which is a better choice?

thak you in advance.
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

If you really care about listening to 2-channel music, option 1 would make more sense. N802 would be a much better choice over 703 for the front speakers. For movies, I don't think you would see as drastic difference between option 1 and option 2. However, I think HTM1 should give you better dialogues than HTM7. Option 2 only makes more sense if your priority is matching the looks of the speakers all around. IMO, as far as sound quality is concerned, option 1 would be superior to option 2. That being said, I'm quiet happy with my set up of 704, HTM7, and 601 S3 for both music and movies.
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Glimmer,

I agree with the Maximus.

As a comment - I have found the HTM1 to be a great match with the 703 (same FST midrange) - this gives a awesome "lock in" for center channel dialogue and effects... I would use the HTM7 with the 703 and my B&W dealer also recommends the 703 / HTM1 combinaiton for serious HT use (the HTM7 is more a match with the 705)

Geoff

Comment

• jlee
        • Aug 2004

HTM7 is also a good match with the 704.

And yes, HTM1 with the FST is worth the extra $1250 US list over the HTM7 ($750 US right?). Are the 703's $3000? If so, I would go as far as spend the extra $500 for 804's and sacrifice the rears, which you can upgrade later. Having that front all match up like that makes a huge improvement.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"