X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Which Subwoofer For N803's?

My 803's and HTM1 are on the way and eta is 4 or 5 days. I also need ot replace my older asw2000 sub and I ordered a new B&W asw800 sub on the recommendation of my dealer. Has anybody listened to this sub with either the 803's or 804's and how does it sound for music and HT.

I was considering one of the new Velodyne DD series, probably the DD-12. It is a little more expensive and has received wonderful reviews. It has the new state of the art texas instrument chip which allows for specific room equalization and may be more cutting edge than the b&w.

The B&W sub will work better aesthetically as it is finished in natural cherry and this will please the mrs. But, I ordered it because it is supposed to be more musical. The Velodyne reviews indicate that it is also supposed to be very musical. When I think about how I will be using the sub - it's useage will be about 85% for HT, and 15% for Multi-Channel SACD and DVD-A. I generally do not use a sub for music - that is why I chose the 803's over the 804's.

What do you think - I ask again. I still have some time to waffle and/or change my decision on the sub.

Stan
    Stan
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Gostan,

You know my views - the ASW850 is simply an amazing sub - musical, tigth and deep. Able to get the 14Hz to 20Hz notes at physical volumes that the ASW800 just doesn't go to. If you can spring the extra $ - you'll never look back. I heard one again today (me still in speaker lusting mode) and truely room filling bass.

Geoff

Comment

• gostan
      • May 2003

Geoff:

Your advise is well appreciated. I may have to join you in the kidney-selling line.

Stan
      Stan

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"