X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingPaul
    • Jul 2004

B&W Demo Sub

I recently visited a home audio store that I have been purchasing from for a while. They were having a moving sale and selling all of their display equiptment. They happened to have a B&W asw675 subwoofer on display. This was an asW675 in a clear plexiglass enclosure to display the internals. (Looks cool as hell) The store allowed me to purchase the display sub.

They claim that it doesn't work, so I purchased it as a cool display item for my theater. After looking over the sub, it appears to me that it has all of the components necessary to be a functional item. It has the full circuit board, and amp as well as the speaker. All of the items seem to be 100% real. The item even inclused a serial #. I am assuming that there may be some sort of fuse / switch / diode, etc. that the manufacturer used to make the items non-functional, but I have a feeling that there' a way to get it to work. Does anyone have knowlede of this, or any ideas on what to look for, or where to get info? I would apreciate any imformation.

Thanks.

Paul
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

Use this http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/...ce.techsupport link to contact B&W Technical Support who can advise you if it is possible to get it going...

I strongly suspect that if it is possible to get going you will also need to buy and install some internal samping foam (which they have in the real ASW subs) to stop the bass reflections bouncing round internally and distorting the sound too much...

Geoff

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

Hey Paul, My dealer also had the 675 in the plexy. When I asked how it performed. He told it didn't work but if it did, it would tear the plexyglass box apart. I don't know if he was feeding me some bull or what. But I must say though, it is a rather impressive looking peice of gear.

Comment

• aarsoe
        • May 2004

Paul

Any chance you could post a picture - would love to see it..

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"