X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

CM Series

Does ANYONE have any of the CM series or are they just to "cheap" to talk about??? :E
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

My hunch is we won't see the CM series around for very long. It was created as an option for those turned off by the CDM design (wife acceptance factor). The CMs are stuck between the 600 series and the new 700 series and really just muck up the line in my opinion. They're very nice sounding, but overpriced.

Comment

• george_k
      • Jan 2004

My dealer doesn't even stock the CM series, they probably don't sell well. I've never got the opportunity to listen to them. You can get a pair off DM602's including stands for the same price as the CM2's.

If the CM series is better sounding than the 600 series maybe they should replace the 600 series with the CM's at a more accomodated price.

Comment

• will1066
        • Aug 2003

The CM (Compact Monitor) series is gone. With the CDM series re-badged as the 700 series, it's clear B&W wants the market to get accustomed to a number-series product-line theme (600, 700, 800).

I used to own the CM 4 and the matching CM C. As mentioned - and I've heard this elsewhere, too - the CM was a 600 series in a more elegant cabinet. In my humble opinion, the CM 4 is more laid back and bit more transparent than the 603 S3, which I auditioned during my system-purchasing period. The CM 4 also has a deceptively tight low end, whereas the 603 S3 -to my ears - had a slightly more forward and tubbier bass region. If, indeed, the CM 4 is a repackaged 603 S3, then I attribute the differences I heard to the different cabinets. I rapped my knuckles on the CM cabinet, and it seems very solid.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
          • May 2004

Dont die yet

Damn I hope they are not going to discontinue the line...but oh well I already have a Pair of CM6's and CMC and 2 pairs of CM2's... I had to take back the pair of CM4's because the theater seats would not allow me to place the CM4's in the right location. So i opted for the 2 pairs of CM2's to complete the 7.1 system mounted on the walls for surround. I love the way they sound and looks. The next series up from the CM's were a bit too much more than i wanted to spend :E . I didn't really care for the 600 series. Right now I'm looking into buying some Rotel stuff I just purchased the RB1070 now I need to get the RMB1075 and the Processor not sure if i want to go with the RSP-1098 or the RSP-1068 any advice would be great. Also I would like to buy the ASW CM But I think there are better subs that B&W sell other than that one. any help on that would be great too.
          Even from a different manufacturer. :T

Comment

• timeslip
            • Mar 2004

I went and recently purchased a set of CM6's, and a CMC for my home theatre. This being my first set of B&W speakers, I am quite happy with it. I have no doubt that the upper models could be better, but I think for most people, this speaker line is quite good.
            --=timeslip=--

Comment

• alkalay
              • Jun 2004

CM Series

Hi all,

For some months now I own a pair of black ash CM-4.

While I was auditioning main speakers I have a/b tested these with CDM1 NT and found the sound to be similar but the NT's were more open and CM's giving more bottom end, naturally.
              I also tested 603 S3 that to my ears sounded different, as they were not as accurate and open as the CM4. The 604 S3 were much too bass heavy for me. I even took a pair of CDM7 NT for a home audiotion and finally decided to go with the CM4.
              I think these are very good speakers, open and clear sounding with a great value for their price.
              Listening to these gives me a glimpse to what HI-End speakers experience might be...

BTW CM stands for Concept Monitor.
              Last edited by alkalay; 20 July 2004, 08:53 Tuesday.

Comment

• sindel
                • May 2003

Another CM user

I am a little late in noticing this thread but just wanted to say that I am also an owner of floor standing CM-4 and a CM-C (rosewood cabinet). Some of the decision process was WAF but I also felt that they had a better overall sound than the 600 series and the higher end B&W speakers were out of the price range (for now). Running them with the Rotel 1066 and 1075. They also seemed to take their time breaking in. I have them set up with an SVS Subwoofer which works out great. (for those who dont know them SVS is only available through their website).

Just another opinion.

Phil

Comment

• asg420
                  • Jul 2004

I LOVE my CM4's

HI -

Well, I must say that The the CM4's have been great to me for the past two years. I purchased 4 CM4's and 1 CMC for an apartment in New York. These speakers are so clear a lower volumes....the detail that you can hear in stereo music is superb! I was running my CM4's on a Rotel Reciever 1056.

For movies, well the CM4 provide great left right balance, clarity and helecopters and explosions sure sound full bodied and great! I was not using a Subwoofer in the apartment (damn co-op boards) and the set of CM4's handeld the bill very well -

I will be using one pair of my CM4's in my new system with 802's up front - Now that I have the space (moved to a house in the burbs), I want to experience what I have always dreamed!

I think the CM4's provide a great value at 1500 per pair US - I recently auditioned the 7 series and the CM4's again and I must say that there is a very noticable difference in bottom end and overall clarity, but the 7 series floorstanders are (I believe) 3000 US a pair. FOr my 1500, I'll go with the CM4's any day of the week!

regards,

asg

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
                    • Aug 2004

The CM4's are wonderfully built speakers, I was using these prior to my upgrade. It's a step-up of the 600 series and makes one heck of a decor for the living room. Pair it with a nice pre/amp and you got a sound that is hard to beat. I'm pretty sure they will not phase these guys out. the professional reviews on these babies are mostly written with envy, that's why they try to put it down. I auditioned Monitor Audio, 604 S3, Paradigm, NHT, and pretty much the CM4's just won hands down, wins the (Wife Factor Award), the Matrix series never looked this good.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"