X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mundis
    • May 2004

Advice on speaker/amp

I'm going to purchase B&W speakers for my family room (17x21 25ft ceilings). This will be the primary music and movie area until the basement is done. My wife likes the Signature 805s but I'm concerned about their ability to fill this room with a 5.1 setup. Any opinions about this or should I just get the 804s. I'm also planning to power this system with the Outlaw Audio 950 pre/pro and the 755 amp (200w x 5). Anyone out there have any experience with the pairing of this equipment with B&W speakers? Thank you.
  • LikeCoiledSteel
    • May 2004

Outlaw

Hi Mundis,
    I have an Outlaw 950 and had 5 M200 monoblocks. I sold 4 of the Outlaw M200's only because I got a great deal on some Krell's. The Outlaw 755 will have no problem driving your 804 0r 805's. However, if have a more discerning ear for 2 channel playback, I might suggest you get 3 M200's for your center and surrounds, and get a nice Rotel for your mains when listening
    to 2 channel music. The 805 are great speakers, but I like towers for music, better integration in my opinion. I still use an M200 for my center. By the way I have the B&W CDM7NT's and CDMCNT center. Outlaw is very good stuff, I think that Rotel and B&W might mate better in the end for the critical ear. The Outlaw will be fine for your movies.
    Best Regards,
    Jeremy

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"