X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

New B&W Owner

After waiting a couple of weeks for the final pieces of my new setup to come in I am finally up and running (with some minor issues to deal with, namely a hum problem - addressing that in another thread). The speakers I went with are the 705's and HTM7. For A/V power I got a Rotel RSP-1068 and RMB-1075. The low end is covered by a SVS PC+ 20-39. Eventually I will get the 700 series surrounds but probably not till next year. I have bipolar surrounds now (def tech BP2X's) but want dipolar since I mainly use my system for movies.

After spending a little time with them what stuck out most was the clarity of the HTM7. I had a great center channel before but I cant get over how crystal clear it is. Tonight will be the true test as I watch the first movie with the new gear, probably Master and Commander. Not only are these great sounding speakers but they are very attractive, something my wife appreciates.
  • SomaJoe
    • Jul 2003

Congratulations; how long have you had your speakers? I have found that my speakers improved considerably over the first 3 weeks or so. The best may still be yet to come for you.

I got ringing in my ears the first few days, which really started to worry me; in particular, the treble was really harsh. But now they've settled in, they are amazing. I can listen to the movies at a lower volume and still hear all the dialog crisply, and when I turn it up, my ears don't get tired anymore. When you watch your movies, see if any of the sounds make you (or your pets) glance around the room because you thought you heard something actually in your room.
    Joe's HT

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

When you watch your movies, see if any of the sounds make you (or your pets) glance around the room because you thought you heard something actually in your room.
      You must have pets yourself. Every now and then when either of my 2 cats (my wifes cats actually) are in the living room they will spin thier little heads trying to find "who said that" when it was actually coming from the speakers. It always gives me a good laugh.

The speakers have only been in operation for a couple of days. I am a believer in speaker break in so i cant wait to hear the differences after some time has passed. They do sound great right out of the box however.

BTW Joe, I love your setup. I wanted the 805's myself but just couldnt swing the extra cash, especially for the stands. How does your 805's handle what seems to be like a lot of open space? My living room is on the small side but with a large section open to other parts of the apartment.

Comment

• MuShu007
        • Jun 2002

Congrats on your new speakers! I wonder how the 700's compare to the old CDM's,I haven't had the chance to audition them. :T

Comment

• SomaJoe
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Pez
          You must have pets yourself. Every now and then when either of my 2 cats (my wifes cats actually) are in the living room they will spin thier little heads trying to find "who said that" when it was actually coming from the speakers. It always gives me a good laugh.
          Yup! It's two cats.

How does your 805's handle what seems to be like a lot of open space? My living room is on the small side but with a large section open to other parts of the apartment.
          They are actually fine at the levels I listen too (up to 75 dB) at 10ft. My living room is the same (it's basically about 1/2 of a large room. The biggest problem is the room acoustics, which I'm still working on.
          Last edited by SomaJoe; 09 May 2004, 22:45 Sunday.
          Joe's HT

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"