X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ted
    • May 2006

New Speakers, Next Move

I would like to up date one more set of speakers in my house and was curious what all of you might do if given the same situation. Here is where I'm at currently:

2 channel: Rotel RCD-1072 -> RC-1070 -> RB-1080 -> B & W 703

HT: Sony DVD (to be upgraded down the road) -> Rotel RSX-1057 (will add a 1075 or 1077 and then a new processor) -> Klipsch RF-5, RC-7, RS-25, Velodyne SPL-1200II HT is basically 100% movies (very minimal multichannel music).

Family Room: Yamaha RXV-2200 (will be replaced down the road too) -> Klipsch KG 4.2.

What I want to do is replace the Klipsch KG 4.2.

Here is what I've considered:
    1)Replace my 703 with 804 (I considered 804s when I bought the 703) and move the 703 to where the KG 4.2 are.

2)Replace the HT with 704, HTM7, and DS7, move the RF-5 to the KG 4.2

3)Just replace the KG 4.2 with 704

4)Replace the KG 4.2 with CM7

Any thoughts on these options. Obviously I need to listen, but I was curious what everyone else would do. Any other recommendations. I'm not looking to spend much more than what I listed (for example 803s instead of 804).

Thanks!
    Buy 804s, replace Klipsch KG 4.2 w/ current 703
    83.33%
    Replace HT w/704, HTM7, DS7, move Klipsch RF-5 to KG 4.2
    8.33%
    Replace KG 4.2 with 704
    8.33%
    Replace KG 4.2 with CM7
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Where do you spend most of your time? That will govern your decision. If it is a toss up then flip a coin. Many will say a move up from the 703 to the 804 is marginal and others will say that your Rotel and Klipsch are already well matched. If it were me I would focus on stepping up the two-channel with better electronics. If all I have to choose from are your four options the I would pick option 2. I don't care for Klipsch, never have.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
      Where do you spend most of your time? That will govern your decision. If it is a toss up then flip a coin. Many will say a move up from the 703 to the 804 is marginal and others will say that your Rotel and Klipsch are already well matched. If it were me I would focus on stepping up the two-channel with better electronics. If all I have to choose from are your four options the I would pick option 2. I don't care for Klipsch, never have.
      I am not big into HT so I vote for a 2 channel upgrade. The Klipsch are also very well suited for HT because of the horn drivers. They very efficient and dynamic speakers without using much power. You may have to move up quite a bit dollar-wise to better them.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"