X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KMD
    • Apr 2003

802's upgrades

Does anybody know how long it would be until B&W redesigns the 802 model? Thinking about upgrading,but also wondering if it would be better to buy a pair of matrix 801's(used at local dealer) until new model comes out. I have demo the 802's an they do sound sweeeeeet!But again if knowing that they were to release a newer verison I would probilly wait.
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

The timeframe that I heard was end of 2004 until the Nautilus mkII series would be available. Normally a series is around for something like 5 years at B&W.

From what I heard there won't be much visual changes, mostly changes to the interior. Newer woofers and tweeters is most likely. New colors would also be something that one could expect (the 700 series expands the color range quite much).

Also knowing B&W the new series will be something like 10% more expensive (thats what the usually do). If I had the money now to get 802's, I would just buy them and not delay. The new ones could be a bit better, but I don't know if it justifies the extra money.

Comment

• KMD
      • Apr 2003

Scarp, thanks for your insight Iam just tring to play out my hand right the first time.

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by KMD
        Scarp, thanks for your insight Iam just tring to play out my hand right the first time.
        When in doubt about something my advise is to not buy it. It must feel 100% certain otherwise your doubt will stay there and haunt you. I bought my system a year ago to quickly too. Now finally after a year I have what I should have bought in the first place. It cost me quite much extra money unfortunatly.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"