X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldtexasdog
    • Feb 2009

Best center for Dolby Atmos

I am looking for the best dialog centric center for Dolby Atmos.
    Space--24" X 12" x 19"
    Denon X3300W
    Fronts B&W 705
    In ceiling RSL X 4
    Subs 2 X Sunfire Sig's
    Room size 25' X 30'
    The B&W HTS 7 is too high and will not fit. The Denon has a very good Audessey
    set up to timber match whatever I put in so I am looking for something that I will not have to turn the volume way up to hear the dialog. Music is not important as I use a different system for that.

I have been looking at the Klipsch RC-62 II
    There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.
  • Oldtexasdog
    • Feb 2009

I have been looking at Aperion Versus II, Aperion 5C and Elac Debut C 6.2 as they are closer in specs to the B&W 705's?

Comment

• Oldtexasdog
      • Feb 2009

Pulled the trigger on a Aperion 5C as it was on close out at a crazy price and comes with a 60 day in home trial.

Comment

• Oldtexasdog
        • Feb 2009

Well got the Asperion in and did a Audessay now everything is seamless and dialog crystal clear at 1/3 the volume it was before.

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

I thought I was the only Aperion fan on here. They're great especially for the $. Sounds like it will work out well for you.

Comment

• 70sMac
            • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Oldtexasdog
            Well got the Asperion in and did a Audessay now everything is seamless and dialog crystal clear at 1/3 the volume it was before.
            Old Texas..... I see that you ended up with something other than a B&W center speaker. You're on a B&W forum board, on the other hand, so I'm wondering how the new center speaker you invested in is working out when used between your B&W fronts? Although it's a bit strange to be writing on a Home Theater (HT) forum -- because, apart from 2-channel audio, we have next to nothing to draw from when it comes to audio equipment -- I'm asking you this because we're trying to set up our first 5.1 HT entertainment room. We own a pair of red cherry 802Ns and a pair of 805Ns, which are all driven by Mac amps, so buying a matching center has been an issue for us.

If you're having good luck with another brand, that's great! Due to the fact that nearly everyone we've communicated with about this has warned us about the "evils" of mismatching speakers, I'd love to read more about your actual experience using the "Asperion" ... and, please forgive me, I'm not familiar with the term. Thank you for your time and God Bless the south.

Comment

• Kevin P
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by 70sMac
              ...I'd love to read more about your actual experience using the "Asperion" ... and, please forgive me, I'm not familiar with the term. Thank you for your time and God Bless the south.
              It's "Aperion" not "Asperion" (prior poster made a typo). They make speakers, darned nice ones for the $.

Comment

• 70sMac
                • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Kevin P
                It's "Aperion" not "Asperion" (prior poster made a typo). They make speakers, darned nice ones for the $.
                Thanks for the correction, Kevin. If you look at the quote from Old Texas, you'll see that he used the "s" in there, but perhaps that's what you meant by "...prior poster made an typo..."

Regardless, I will do some reading up on the brand you fellas like...and, by the way, did you mix an Aperion center speaker with B&W fronts? If so, I'd love to read about it. In fact, I started a thread that explains what we're trying to do, if you care to read it. It's also here on the B&W forum board.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"