X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grandsvaux
    • Oct 2016

My New 802d3 mid driver now replaced

All sorted the problem was the something to do with the rod and screw loose at the back as it was loose when they took the driver out but b&w said to replace it anyway as it had been used wile unstable and could have damaged it.
    Now both speakers are working as they should and I spent 8hrs last night just comparing to my now replaced 802 diamond 2 the new 802d3 are truly streets ahead the sound is much much better than the 802d2 and although I would have not parted with my old model unless there was a substantial improvement in the new I find that the tweeter is not as sharp on the ears as my old models were with some female vocals and the bass is much improved more beeper but still very controlled. The new mid also sounds more natural sounding B&W have really done a great job on a already great speaker. I have read a lot about the price jump but in my opinion it is worth it this is not to say that I want to pay more than I need to and hope that the price of future speakers will not increase by the margin's of the new 802d3.But if you can find a good retailer that will give you a good trade in on your old model it is not as hard on the wallet.My local retailer gave me back to the penny what I bought my 802d2 for 2yr ago still had to stomp up the balance but the trade in was substantial and made it affordable. I think and don't quote me on this that this is a b&w policy as long as you are trading up but not sure if the amount given is up to the retailer condition dependant I would expect but you no the old saying if you don't ask you don't get !! pics posted hope you like I went with the white as they are not as imposing and blend in my small lounge better than the piano black I had previously .

Running gear
    classe m-600 - classe sigma ssp - sigma 5amp - tt Technics Quartz sl-1210Mk2 - primare phono stage- Atlas mavros XLR and Atlas mavros speaker cable - candas clear usb and all connected via the new chord purple mains leads all fitted with Hi-Fi tuning black fuse
    QED Qonduit MDH6 high performance mains distribution Atacama Hi-Fi stand 802d3 standing on Townshend stella floating spk stand.
    cm1 for HT rear Artcoustic in wall spk for centre HT and a large Artcoustic 6x8 in wall sub.
    Attached Files
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

nice.
    glad they got everything working to your satisfaction.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• grandsvaux
      • Oct 2016

Thanks Wkhanna Nice to see 1person reply to posts on this site its very quite on here 61 looks and only 1 comment
      not exactly engaging. Makes you think why bother taking the time to sit take pics and post ???? No fence but just putting it out there !

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

You weren't asking for help with anything so not sure what you want people to say. Note when you were asking for advice on your last post you did get replies from one of the top guys from B&W and from a well known audio journalist, so I don't think you can complain about the quality of the members who contribute here, other than myself perhaps. There are actually threads on here for showing your B&W and Classe systems if that's what you were wanting to do. I'm not having a go at you I just think when people take their own time to try and help people on forums it's unreasonable to moan when you don't get replies when you aren't actually asking anything.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

UGH... WKHanna, this makes me want to upgrade my 802D2s!!!!!! I also want those CA-M600s over my CA-M400s.... lol.

Oh well, I'll just settle for what I got. Thought if someone would give me my purchase price of the 802D2s, I'd have been tempted to upgrade as well!

Looks great, I'm sure it sounds great! Do they have a good center image with the speakers being as close together as they are? Even though I'm not sure I could handle the white and grey... I do like the looks of them. I would have to see them in person, otherwise I'd just go black.

And the Sigma SSP processor, I want that for my home theater too. Ugh! ha ha
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• JürgenW
            • Jul 2004

I use threads like this one to learn or try to give an advice. If I think I have nothing to contribute I only have a look at the thread.

Comment

• grandsvaux
              • Oct 2016

The centre image is fantastic I don't know what exactly B&W have done to these speakers but the sound stage is huge much larger than my last 802d2 they just fill my room with music. The speakers are set 6ft apart and are the correct distance for my room. my last 802d2 were piano black and dominated the room visually
              you really do need to see the white and grey in person they are stunning and I don't think the promo pics do them justice I don't regret the change to white from the piano black and with the bonus of not having to no longer have to dust them every couple of days Lol. The m600s are just as stunning to look at as they sound and they have huge amounts of power and control as you will know with your m400. I still find my self just looking over at these speakers and thinking dam they sound so so good the clarity in the vocals is just amazing and realistic. APOLOGIES FOR THE LATE REPLY I HAVE BEEN AWAY 8)

Comment

• Alaric
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

That's the first time I've seen B&Ws in white. Very nice! They look great in your room.
                Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                Schiit Modi 3
                Marantz CD5005
                Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• TomScrut
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by grandsvaux
                  The centre image is fantastic I don't know what exactly B&W have done to these speakers but the sound stage is huge much larger than my last 802d2 they just fill my room with music. The speakers are set 6ft apart and are the correct distance for my room. my last 802d2 were piano black and dominated the room visually
                  you really do need to see the white and grey in person they are stunning and I don't think the promo pics do them justice I don't regret the change to white from the piano black and with the bonus of not having to no longer have to dust them every couple of days Lol. The m600s are just as stunning to look at as they sound and they have huge amounts of power and control as you will know with your m400. I still find my self just looking over at these speakers and thinking dam they sound so so good the clarity in the vocals is just amazing and realistic. APOLOGIES FOR THE LATE REPLY I HAVE BEEN AWAY 8)
                  Yes I was amazed at how much better the D3s are. I would hazard a guess that in my use (as I don't have a large a room) the5 or 804 (with my two subs) would outdo my 802D2s.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                  Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• TomScrut
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Alaric
                    That's the first time I've seen B&Ws in white. Very nice! They look great in your room.
                    The white ones look very nice especially with the silver head. The black ones look a bit too black IMO especially now the mid isn't yellow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• grandsvaux
                      • Oct 2016

I would have to agree Tom the white is very modern and contempory and would go with most interiors. my room is not what I would call large
                      its a long diner but I have fitted some internal oak doors to the left of the photo the L shape although not ideal allows for sound discretion and as it goes
                      I dont listen at very hi volume as I am in the middle of a terrace although am sure the neighbour's might disagree lol but do follow the analogy of appropriot

sound levels for your room size. I would like to add a projector and screen to the room next anyone with any thoughts on whats a good buy around the 1500-2k mark better not let the wife read this :W

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"