X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heckler08
    • Jul 2010

B&W 802d2 piano black and pricing

Hi,

new to the forum, and great place to mingle.

had a few questions, any one have the piano black finish 802d2 (feedback) and how long to arrive at dealer.

What kind of prices, can dealers offer on new 802d2 speakers- like 5-25% off-from full retail? (new to B&W )

wife wants to know (she also signs the check ops: )

anyone have any leads, live in the chicagoland area.

Best Regards,
    Danny
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Danny,

First of all, welcome to the forum! :T I anticipate you will it quite helpful.

Now, discounts for 802Di's. Typical dealer discount for these is around 10%, maybe 15%. Also, with this economy, I've seen/heard some dealers do even better (often as part of a package).

The B&W distribution center is in Buffalo, NY, so Chicago is not too far away. Hopefully it wouldn't take to long. My 802D's took a week or so, then my dealer delivered. However, that is not the new piano black version, so I'm not sure how long those take.

What electronics will you have? The 802Di's love current, so the more you feed them, the better the performance.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Heckler08
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by htsteve
      Danny,

First of all, welcome to the forum! :T I anticipate you will it quite helpful.

Now, discounts for 802Di's. Typical dealer discount for these is around 10%, maybe 15%. Also, with this economy, I've seen/heard some dealers do even better (often as part of a package).

The B&W distribution center is in Buffalo, NY, so Chicago is not too far away. Hopefully it wouldn't take to long. My 802D's took a week or so, then my dealer delivered. However, that is not the new piano black version, so I'm not sure how long those take.

What electronics will you have? The 802Di's love current, so the more you feed them, the better the performance.

Hope this helps.

thanks... 8)

Comment

• Heckler08
        • Jul 2010

it seems most dealers (in my area) do not carry much inventory . mostly 805/804 series and lower models.

called -one dealer he has one pair 802D2 on demo, but thats about it and some older stuff 804S.

What do most dealers do on floor demo stuff (out of box) for pricing.

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Heckler08
          What do most dealers do on floor demo stuff (out of box) for pricing.

The ones I've seen are about 20-25% discount, depending on unit, how old, and how much they want to sell it. Sometimes the discount is better.

Comment

• Heckler08
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by htsteve
            The ones I've seen are about 20-25% discount, depending on unit, how old, and how much they want to sell it. Sometimes the discount is better.

thanks,

dealer has a pair of 802d2 piano black (on floor for few months) no one seems to like the black finish.

you think he would take 20-25% from retail? ops:

most people like rosenut/cherry

wife like them, but i prefer rosenut.

Comment

• beden1
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Heckler08
              thanks,

dealer has a pair of 802d2 piano black (on floor for few months) no one seems to like the black finish.

you think he would take 20-25% from retail? ops:

most people like rosenut/cherry

wife like them, but i prefer rosenut.
              Why would the dealer give you that kind of a discount on the new series speakers?

If they are using them for their floor demos, the dealer usually keeps them at least a year before selling them. And, they will usually first offer them to their good customers.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"