Josh
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by beatboy77
    Looking to purchase a pair of 804N or 804S. Please contact me at:

beatboy77@yahoo.com

Kind Regards,

Josh
    Have you heard the N804? Definitely go for a 804S it is a dramatic leap forward. The N804 is extremely "bright" sounding and most people are disappointed with what it has to offer. I honestly believe a set of CM9's can mop the floor with a N804 as well as a N805 plus good sub combo. Just warning you...
    Last edited by dan87951; 18 April 2015, 10:11 Saturday.
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• beatboy77
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by dan87951
      Have you heard the N804? Definitely go for a 804S it is a dramatic leap forward. The N804 is extremely "bright" sounding and most people are disappointed with what is had to offer. I honestly believe a set of CM9's can mop the floor with a N804 as well as a N805 plus good sub combo. Just warning you...
      Really? OK, good to know. All of my research online would indicate the N804 to be superior to the CM9.

Thank You.

Comment

• dan87951
        • Nov 2005

Really? OK, good to know. All of my research online would indicate the N804 to be superior to the CM9.

Thank You.
        I have had both speakers and the CM9 is the all around better speaker.
        dan87951
        audio guru

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

Thank You.
          Originally posted by dan87951
          I have had both speakers and the CM9 is the all around better speaker.
          There are two sides to that argument and both are valid IMO. The bass on the N804 is almost non existent which is its main drawback in comparison to the CM9. But it is better in terms of general detail and imaging IMO. I went from XT8s (which I preferred to the CM9s, although I regard them as about equals the XT8s strengths suited me better) to N804s and it was an improvement apart from bass which was detailed but just way too quiet. But then 2 weeks later I got chance of some 803Ss which were what I was really wanting anyway so I bought them and the improvement there was massive. The S series is better in every way to the N series unless you start talking 802s upwards. The 804S is far better than the N804 for bass too though (ie I'm not saying you need 803s for the bass), and you ought to buy the S for the few hundred dollars/pounds more it will cost you. The only reason that the N series aren't a lot cheaper than the S series is that a lot of potential buyers such as yourself are not aware of the vast improvement. The 804S is a better speaker than any non 800 series speaker they make at the moment with the possible exception of the CM10 which admittedly I haven't heard and are more expensive than the 804S was new. Maybe have a look for CM10s too as they will be about in your price range on the second hand market.

One issue I have with the CM9 is that they don't (in my experience of them at a friends house, system similar to mine at the time when I had the N804s) is that they sound good with a wide range of sources, but don't seem to get a lot better when the source improves. The 800 series (even N) do improve when you improve the source I have found.
          Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"