X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weetabix
    • Nov 2009

**NEWS** Bowers & Wilkins announces Formation Suite wireless system

Bowers & Wilkins Formation Suite

Featuring support for 24-bit high resolution audio up to 96kHz plus Bluetooth and AirPlay 2, the Formation Suite of audio products from Bowers and Wilkins promises high end, multi-room audio with eye catching design.

Our wireless loudspeakers deliver all the sound quality, craftsmanship and innovation for which we are justifiably famous — with the added convenience of wireless streaming.

The first major product release from B&W since they were bought by EVA Automation in 2016 is aimed at the whole-home music arena that the likes of Sonos have been so successful at. Hoping to stand out from the crowd, B&W are bringing Hi-Res audio and a new contemporary look.

The range currently consisting of 5 products though Greg Lee, CEO of Bowers & Wilkins, has hinted that other products could be added in future. For the moment though, the suite features:

The Formation Duo - a pair of powered bookshelf speakers
    The Formation Wedge - a single, powered speaker
    The Formation Bar soundbar
    The Formation Bass subwoofer
    The Formation Audio - a hub for connecting legacy devices to the wireless network.

Looking good!
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

All in all I think it looks nice but will be entirely dependent on the app I think. I wonder why they didn't add 192 support?

Also not keen on the brushed plate over the drivers on the standmounts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"